LBZ: EFI Live programming question - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Power, Performance & Tuning > Third Generation Duramax Electronics/Tuners
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Third Generation Duramax Electronics/Tuners Discuss 2006-2007.5 LBZ & LLY Duramax engine electronic upgrades including chips, tuners, programmers, etc.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ramblinrodney

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2017, 02:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
SkinnyECV711
Low Boost

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

EFI Live programming question

Sorry if it's long winded, just trying to paint a picture. This is in a 2007 LBZ

So a couple years back I ordered a tuned ECM from DuramaxTuner.com. Since then I had AC issues that went unresolved. My issue was that the AC would only work on defrost and full heat out of all vents. When I installed the ECM I also needed to replace the batteries so I figured that when the AC didn't work, it was due to needing the actuators needing a relearn. Tried that to no avail. I then replaced the actuators with Delco units thinking "Hey maybe my luck is just that bad right now" LMAO.

Life got in the way at that point with a suicidal now ex-girlfriend so I just dealt with no AC. Today I went to the dealer to see if they could pull any codes from the BCM. No codes were found, but in trying to figure out the issue at hand, we discovered that when the ECM was programmed that one option that was set was it had Auto Climate which the truck does not have. The techs think that this would cause the current problems with the AC, and I am inclined to agree but I wanted to get the input of others who have a little more experience with EFILive.

TIA

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2017, 10:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Ramblinrodney
Diesel Veteran

So what has DuramaxTuner say about this? Not everyone is perfect all the time. You do have to send them your Vin for a tune correct? Most likely wrong O/S and easy fix.
One way to find out, call DuramaxTuner and see if it's possible and the only down side would be is sending your ECM to them for fix.

Transgo Jr. PCV Reroute kit, Trans Line Repair Kit By Dirty Hooker Diesel,
Custom Perf/Tow Tune by Kennedy
2019 Arctic Fox 27-5L 10,500 dry weight
UAW Local 699 Retired Test Technician

Last edited by Ramblinrodney; 05-06-2017 at 10:24 AM.
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2017, 11:08 AM   #3 (permalink)
SkinnyECV711
Low Boost

I already spoke with them. They are flashing me am ecm and sending it to me with the correct vin and option codes. My question isn't so much what to do...but would the wrong option codes listed on the ecm cause the issue(auto climate control on a non auto truck and ac not working properly)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2017, 07:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Ramblinrodney
Diesel Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyECV711 View Post
I already spoke with them. They are flashing me am ecm and sending it to me with the correct vin and option codes. My question isn't so much what to do...but would the wrong option codes listed on the ecm cause the issue(auto climate control on a non auto truck and ac not working properly)
Yes, it could be just like the dealer Tech diognosed. And DuramaxTuner must suspected the same otherwise they would be going throught there process. If your wondering if it's a sure fix, no.
Won't be long and you'll find out if that's the fix.
I Googled "duramax no A/C after EFILive tune" lots of good discushions how different OS numbers afect different components.
Transgo Jr. PCV Reroute kit, Trans Line Repair Kit By Dirty Hooker Diesel,
Custom Perf/Tow Tune by Kennedy
2019 Arctic Fox 27-5L 10,500 dry weight
UAW Local 699 Retired Test Technician

Last edited by Ramblinrodney; 05-06-2017 at 07:41 PM.
Old 05-06-2017, 07:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
SkinnyECV711
Low Boost

Yeah I spoke to DT yesterday after confirming the wrong VIN number with the tech2 and DT told me that an order with that VIN was placed the same day. They are flashing an ecm for me and shipping it out to me on Monday. I'm hoping that this will solve the issue. I hated going to the stealer but in this case, provided my issue is solved, it would seem to be money well spent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in