Efi live/edge help please! - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Power, Performance & Tuning > Third Generation Duramax Electronics/Tuners
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Third Generation Duramax Electronics/Tuners Discuss 2006-2007.5 LBZ & LLY Duramax engine electronic upgrades including chips, tuners, programmers, etc.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2014, 09:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
marbles67
Diesel Apprentice

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Efi live/edge help please!

I will try and make this clear as I can.I. Wanted a engine break for heavy loads.I had several ideas but settled on efi live.five position enhanced stock 30-60-90 hp economy and performance. I told the vendor what I have ect I said I have older edge evolution they said hey just the it to zero and you can still use as gauges,I'm like great! I noticed some what seemed to be timing noises and I phoned efi live vendor.they said well maybe it's number three injector we lower the flow rate so the truck warms up quicker. Something along them lines.I said oh for a moment I thought may be my edge was doing weird things. Efi guys like well you know the tune can load and you csn ruin your engine. i said wait before you got my money you said keep the edge use as gauges and now you're telling me this? Really? I phoned edge and they said it's not possible. I phoned efi live vendor they said well it may change your timing edge guy says know not possible .I am not pleased at all and need answers the vendor has been easy to talk to and I'm not knocking them,YET but what I am is tired of getting the wrong information.

2006 gmc 3500 slt leather(oh yeah comfy),lbz,driverside exhaust manifold full bore,edge insight gauges with new pyrometer hooked up.ppe tunerr dee zee nerf bars, reflex spray in box liner cloud rider mud flaps,285/70/17 for now, BD VALVE BODY UPGRADE,new diamond back HD Tonneau cover atv edt... ,cognito 4-6'' NTBD INSTALLED..egr delete. And arp studs pac brake air bag's and oh efi live by Idaho Rob hummer wheels
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2014, 11:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
gmduramax
Diesel Champ

Even with the edge on the lowest level it still adds timing IIRC. So you just need to have the tunes made with less timing. Easy way to tell is to return the truck to stock, then put on the EFI Live tunes only. Then make sure your truck runs fine. If it does the problem is the edge.

Thanks to Mike L, SoCal Diesel, and Abel Chevorlet.
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2014, 06:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
marbles67
Diesel Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmduramax View Post
Even with the edge on the lowest level it still adds timing IIRC. So you just need to have the tunes made with less timing. Easy way to tell is to return the truck to stock, then put on the EFI Live tunes only. Then make sure your truck runs fine. If it does the problem is the edge.
Ok but the edge isn't on a level I put the truck at stock before loading efi live
2006 gmc 3500 slt leather(oh yeah comfy),lbz,driverside exhaust manifold full bore,edge insight gauges with new pyrometer hooked up.ppe tunerr dee zee nerf bars, reflex spray in box liner cloud rider mud flaps,285/70/17 for now, BD VALVE BODY UPGRADE,new diamond back HD Tonneau cover atv edt... ,cognito 4-6'' NTBD INSTALLED..egr delete. And arp studs pac brake air bag's and oh efi live by Idaho Rob hummer wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2014, 04:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
marbles67
Diesel Apprentice

I did data logging with my auto cal I need to email for tech support
does anyone know where to find this on lest ATP trucks wqebsite
Old 02-15-2014, 09:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
marbles67
Diesel Apprentice

Okay I got it figured out emailed my data log that will tell them if anything is going on
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in