Edge Evo w/out EGT probe? - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Power, Performance & Tuning > Third Generation Duramax Electronics/Tuners
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Third Generation Duramax Electronics/Tuners Discuss 2006-2007.5 LBZ & LLY Duramax engine electronic upgrades including chips, tuners, programmers, etc.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2014, 12:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
chadman77
Heat Sink

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Edge Evo w/out EGT probe?

I just bought a truck that has the Edge Evolution tuner already installed. All of the ones I have ever seen before had an EGT probe supplied by Edge that connects at the OBDII connector. This one has no probe or provision to plug one in at the OBDII connection. Has anyone ever seen one like this before and if so can I add one easily? Thanks in advance.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2014, 12:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Wizo
High Compression

Mine didn't have one either but I bought it off of eBay used. I was kind of disappointed that it didn't come with one. Call evolution and see if you can order one. I ordered one from them and found there help very useful. You will have to give them the serial number off of the back of the unit itself..
They should be able to tell you if there ever was one supposed to be with it. There should be a plug in port on the actual unit itself. if you go to the evolution website and enter your product serial number you should be able to get precise instructions on how to install the pyrometer. Its pretty easy to do.I am so glad I got mine because I was able to change a lot of things about how my truck functions (corrected tire size) and run it in economy mode. Went from 13mpg to 19 mpg. Have fun with it and let us know how you do.

Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2014, 12:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
chadman77
Heat Sink

I will have to give them a call. Right now it has a Banks analog EGT gauge mounted on the pillar but I would like to just have it in the Evo and remove the analog gauge as I don't care for the way it looks. So far I have been using the tow setting and got 18.1 mpg driving from Louisville, KY to my place in Northern Ohio.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2014, 01:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Wizo
High Compression

If your tuner has the hot unlock mode I would strongly suggest that you don't use it. Evolution told me the same thing and so have several other people. the truck dealership where I bought mine told me that if I use it in hot unlock mode in the stock configuration that my truck is it will instantly send the transmission into limp mode. I have tried mine several times in mode number four and was extremely surprised and quite pleased what my truck can do. Beings that I'm a Seahawks fan I have affectionately named mode number four beast mode. Unfortunately I can't drive it like that all the time because my miles per gallon is only 7 1/2. in economy mode I am able to tell my 7700 pound travel trailer quite nicely and still get 12 miles to the gallon.
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in