Edge Buy Back - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Power, Performance & Tuning > Third Generation Duramax Electronics/Tuners
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Third Generation Duramax Electronics/Tuners Discuss 2006-2007.5 LBZ & LLY Duramax engine electronic upgrades including chips, tuners, programmers, etc.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2013, 05:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
mr. losi
Diesel Starter

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Edge Buy Back

so, i called Edgea week or so ago, to inguire about some help with my cts race. i was told, that they could not support the product, but they could offer a buy back...i asked how much, 849 was the reply, they said to return the vehicle to stock, and hoock to the fusion, and then get an rma number...

so, i decided to get an insight for monitoring, and get an efi tune...for a bit more than the buyback....

so today i get around to finishing the project.....i am extremely pleased with the efi tunes....

so this afternoon i called edge to get the rma number, i was told that they have filed for bankruptcy...they wont support the part, and they wont honor the buyback....

so....everyone..beware

66,000 miles

IAFF Local 311

Badger State Diesel Club
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2013, 06:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
snowman22
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

I hope that isn't true..... For all of us that have insights.

Sold: 2003 LB7 CCLB 350K miles
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2013, 06:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
boothybunch
Resident Gynecologist....

I don't think it matters about the bankruptcy. They have been ordered to offer the buy back and STILL have to stand by it until they have actually gone bankrupt and it's finalised. By the looks of it, they have filed to bankruptcy protection, there website is still trading, so they HAVE to continue the buy back. If they don't, contact the EPA

Car electronics maker Edge Products files for bankruptcy | Reuters

2006 LLY/LBZ standard cab WT ZF-6 Stock for the moment

Member #23 of the OIL is OIL association

July 2013 Truck of the month winner

Last edited by boothybunch; 09-12-2013 at 07:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2013, 08:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
BKDespain
Diesel Nut

Is the edge broke? If not I would sell it. Im sure you could get a good chunk of your money back.
07 Classic LBZ SLT CCSB Socal Stg 2 heads and 3388 cam,Danville 2.5" VGT, Manley Rods, Mahle coated pistons, Balanced assembly, SoCal dampner, AEM H20/Meth kit, ProFab Headers/Up-pipes ARP studs/mains,DSP5 from Duramax Tuner, PPE Stg 5 trans with TCS TC, PPE Cooler, MA Lines and brace by RKL Diesel, 6" Pro Comp, Bilstein 5100's. TB PCV Reroute, AFE IC pipe, MBRP 3" downpipe w/ 5" AFE, S&B Intake, AFE Diff cover, Airdog 150, Hayden 2850FC, CS Insight, RDL EGR Delete. Allison Deep pan, Kryptonite Tierods and Control arms. IronBull Enforcer.Piaa fogs 6kHIDs Schaeffer Oils with Power-Up,

Traded- 2007.5 Chevy 2500HD LMM CC SB
6" Tuff Country/ 18" Moto Metals, Pro Comp MX-6 Shocks 35" Toyo MT's, Westin nerf bars, PPE Airbox mod
Fabtech HD Tierods, EGR unplugged, PPE shim kit. MBRP 4" straight w/ Quad stealth 2

Traded- 05' Chevy LT, LLY, 6" Pro Comp lift, Hypertech Stg 3, Airaid intake, 4" ATS exh,EGR blocked, PPE boost control, Mag hytec trans pan, ATS Sleeves, Auto Meter Gauges.
Old 09-12-2013, 09:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Dually Green
Gear Grinder

I was about to order an insight cts... Should I not?
Old 09-12-2013, 09:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
labmouselb7
Diesel Apprentice

Send a message via Yahoo to labmouselb7

Sent my cs race back in July,paid me full retail for it, bought a used evaluation from eBay.still got the same basic tunes and monitor. I came out well. They are selling on eBay everyday.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

tow a 38 ft. 5th wheel around 14k.lbs.
ASE Certified Master tech.
been around Duramax for over 4 Years
Old 09-12-2013, 10:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
dmax3500
Diesel Ace

this is our gov at work
Old 09-16-2013, 05:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
scott_tiller
Block Heater

I talked with them this morning about my refund $ for shipping costs.
I had already gotten my $849 for the unit.
I was told that MSD (parent company) filed bankruptcy and Edge at this point will not be honoring the recall and if you haven't cashed your check yet, it will bouce.

I asked about if EDGE will still be around as I was thinking about getting EFI Live and an EDGE Insight to monitor. They said they are not going anywhere and will be supporting their current products without issues.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
boothybunch
Resident Gynecologist....

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_tiller View Post
I talked with them this morning about my refund $ for shipping costs.
I had already gotten my $849 for the unit.
I was told that MSD (parent company) filed bankruptcy and Edge at this point will not be honoring the recall and if you haven't cashed your check yet, it will bouce.

I asked about if EDGE will still be around as I was thinking about getting EFI Live and an EDGE Insight to monitor. They said they are not going anywhere and will be supporting their current products without issues.
Well if they are still going to "be around" they have to honor the buy back. No if ands or butts.

Just dropped the epa contact an email to double check what is the plan of attack for those people who do want a refund but are refused

2006 LLY/LBZ standard cab WT ZF-6 Stock for the moment

Member #23 of the OIL is OIL association

July 2013 Truck of the month winner

Old 09-18-2013, 11:02 AM   #10 (permalink)
PowerTeq
Gear Grinder

Hey guys, we would like to clarify this situation. Earlier this year Edge undertook an EPA-mandated recall of all “Edge Racing” (DPF Delete) products. As these products were sent back to us we issued refund checks per the mandated recall. On September 6th, MSDP, the parent company of Edge filed for chapter 11 protection in order to restructure a major debt that was created when the MSDP companies (Edge, Superchips, MSD Ignition, Racepak) were acquired together back in 2006.

As of September 6th Edge is not able to cut checks to pay for recalled products that were received prior to that filing date. All payments of debts that existed before the filing date are controlled by the court. Customers that sent products back for recall that are waiting for money must make a claim through the claims process as an unsecured creditor.

We feel badly about this situation and wish we had a better solution for these customers waiting for recall/buyback checks. If these customers don’t receive anything through the claims process we are committed to working with them once the company exits the chapter 11 process with a new owner.

Edge Products (and all MDSP companies) are continuing to do business as usual, other than the process of dealing with debt created before the filing date – this will be dealt with in a court-supervised process. We have not laid off any employees or closed any operations. We are selling new products every day and supporting and honoring warranties on products already in the field. We are developing new, exciting products and are excited about what the future holds. This process is not painless but it will be great for us in the long run. We expect to exit chapter 11 in about 120 days with a new owner that is engaged and committed to investing in the company for the long-term.

We sincerely appreciate all of our customers on this forum and expect to be part of the diesel community in the future. We look forward to doing business with many of you in the future. Hopefully this helps clarify and thanks for the support.

Edge Team

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in