LBZ: Options, Opinions, Products - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Power, Performance & Tuning > Third Generation Duramax Electronics/Tuners
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Third Generation Duramax Electronics/Tuners Discuss 2006-2007.5 LBZ & LLY Duramax engine electronic upgrades including chips, tuners, programmers, etc.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2013, 02:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
Chevy_Stokers
Block Heater

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to Chevy_Stokers

Armed Forces Club-10075 Member

Options, Opinions, Products

I was curious cause i'm new to my 06 lbz. Where should i start when wanting to build my truck, is there any good way to start or is it just here and there till your done. Cause i've heard of efi live and actually saw it drop a boys trans this weekend and don't want that happening to mine. Any tips and advice would be nice like products. Thanks

Stock 06 lbz duramax crew cab 4x4 white
145,xxx miles
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2013, 03:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
The Virgin
Block Heater

From what I've gathered, there's an order most use to do basic mods. Pump rub, egr delete or block, cat fuel filter adapter, exhaust and downpipe, transgo jr, efi live. That's enough to occupy my spare time and keep my wallet empty for awhile so I haven't looked much further.

Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2013, 05:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
boothybunch
Resident Gynecologist....

What do you want out of your truck??? that is the MAIN question

with the amount of miles on your truck, BEFORE going anywhere else, if you want plan on wanting more power, do the sensible thing and pull the trans and transfer case, have the pump rub kit installed and have the trans gone thru and depending on if you want your ultimate aims are, I would drop an upgraded kit in the trans just while it's out.

Once your trans is fresh, you can do other mods. I would not bother with the cat filter adaptor and go with a lift pump that has filters already on. You need to have positive pressure on the CP3.

you can run a nice turbo back exhaust and kill the kitty.

You can decided to block or delete the egr and also re-route the PCV.

after all that, you can decide to either use a canned tuner or EFI-live. the choice is upto you.

2006 LLY/LBZ standard cab WT ZF-6 Stock for the moment

Member #23 of the OIL is OIL association

July 2013 Truck of the month winner

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2013, 10:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
ABMax24
Diesel Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
From what I've gathered, there's an order most use to do basic mods. Pump rub, egr delete or block, cat fuel filter adapter, exhaust and downpipe, transgo jr, efi live. That's enough to occupy my spare time and keep my wallet empty for awhile so I haven't looked much further.
That looks like a good list, although some may put in a FASS or Airdog in place of the CAT Filter. As well as a set of Boost and Pyro gauges is a must.

As for EFILive it all depends on what you want, you can't expect a stock trans to last on a 225hp tune for very long, or at all. But a good tuner knows the limits of what your truck can handle, so can have tunes that are realitively safe for your truck. If you talk with Idaho Rob, Kory Willis, or Nick at Duramaxtuner they should be able to set you up with what you want as they are highly recomended. I personally got mine from Idaho Rob.

It all depends on how far you want to go, but there is alot of information on this forum all you have to do is read.

Just remember you got to pay to play.

2002 Chev CC/SB 4x4 2500HD LB7
S&B Intake, 5" MBRP, BD Wastegate Actuator, BD Tranny, EFILive by Me, FASS
507 hp / 883 ft*lbs at Supreme Diesel June 22, 2013

2013 Polaris Pro RMK 800 163" Boost-It HO Turbo, GT2860, Water/Air Intercooler, On 35% VP C-111
Old 07-02-2013, 10:02 AM   #5 (permalink)
Chevy_Stokers
Block Heater

Send a message via Skype™ to Chevy_Stokers

Armed Forces Club-10075 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boothybunch View Post
What do you want out of your truck??? that is the MAIN question

with the amount of miles on your truck, BEFORE going anywhere else, if you want plan on wanting more power, do the sensible thing and pull the trans and transfer case, have the pump rub kit installed and have the trans gone thru and depending on if you want your ultimate aims are, I would drop an upgraded kit in the trans just while it's out.

Once your trans is fresh, you can do other mods. I would not bother with the cat filter adaptor and go with a lift pump that has filters already on. You need to have positive pressure on the CP3.

you can run a nice turbo back exhaust and kill the kitty.

You can decided to block or delete the egr and also re-route the PCV.

after all that, you can decide to either use a canned tuner or EFI-live. the choice is upto you.
Okay so with rebuilding my trans and transfer case what should be my goal. I was already thinking of rebuilding it, but i have no idea on what could be a good match. i want the power and speed but building my trans and trans case seem to be a must so any tips on the kit to rebuild with? Or site to find one thats good?

Stock 06 lbz duramax crew cab 4x4 white
145,xxx miles
Old 07-02-2013, 12:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
boothybunch
Resident Gynecologist....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_Stokers View Post
Okay so with rebuilding my trans and transfer case what should be my goal. I was already thinking of rebuilding it, but i have no idea on what could be a good match. i want the power and speed but building my trans and trans case seem to be a must so any tips on the kit to rebuild with? Or site to find one thats good?
You best bet is to give mike L a call at inglewood transmission.

He is a vendor on here and an allison guru if not god

Inglewood Transmission

He will talk you thru what your options are.

Other option would be to contact Merchant automotive as they are a vendor here too

2006 LLY/LBZ standard cab WT ZF-6 Stock for the moment

Member #23 of the OIL is OIL association

July 2013 Truck of the month winner

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in