Diablo Predator and PowerPuck Stacked??? - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Power, Performance & Tuning > Third Generation Duramax Electronics/Tuners
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Third Generation Duramax Electronics/Tuners Discuss 2006-2007.5 LBZ & LLY Duramax engine electronic upgrades including chips, tuners, programmers, etc.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2008, 04:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
06 LLY
Freeze Plug

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Diablo Predator and PowerPuck Stacked???

Hey guys. Hear me out on this and let me know your thoughts. I have a Diablo Predator (U7186) that i run on the 85hp as my daily driver. I recently bought the PowerPuck and was thinking about stacking the two. I not planning on running the puck on full but its a nice thing to have when your sitting at the light with some ricer beside ya. My question is does anyone know how much or if there is any timing in the powerpuck or is it just a preasure box?? Id like to run the to together but i dont want to run to much timing. Help me out... Thanks

2011 Silverado LTZ, LML Duramax, 2500HD, 4x4, short box, Crew Cab, Silver ext, Charcoal int, roll up tonneau cover. H&S XRT Pro tuner, AFE pipes, Edge Insight for monitoring.. Oh and a chrome lisence plate frame. ha

2006 Silverado, 6.6L Duramax LLY, 2500HD, Ext Cab, Short box, 4X4, Greystone ext, Charcoal int. Procomp Lift with Keys up front, blocks and airbags in rear, Procomp front driveshaft (double CV), 37" BFG Mud-terrains, 17" KMC Hoss wheels. Diablo Sport Predator, cat removed, 4" MBRP Turbo Back, Blocker and Finger Stick, Boost Stick, BD Manifold, Turbo and Pyro pillar guages, AFE replacement filter, PCV re-routed, KD Tie rod sleeves... SOLD..

1986 GMC 2500 2wd, 6.2L Diesel, Auto, Farm truck. Runs like a top.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2008, 01:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
wbens
Diesel Pro

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wbens Send a message via MSN to wbens

Midwest Smokers Member

Illinois Diesel Power (IDP) Member

I'd like to know this to. I've been some what interested in the puck predator combo since I heard that the puck was avalible. Did you get the dial so you can shift on the fly with it as well? I'd like to hear some feed back of it.

2013 GMC Denali
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2008, 03:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
06 LLY
Freeze Plug

Powerpuck

Ya it has a nice aluminum dial with two rubber orings around it to grip on. I put up a post in the Diablo forum so hopefully they will get back to me on Mon. Ill keep u posted. If anyone knows anything let me know... Have a good weekend.
2011 Silverado LTZ, LML Duramax, 2500HD, 4x4, short box, Crew Cab, Silver ext, Charcoal int, roll up tonneau cover. H&S XRT Pro tuner, AFE pipes, Edge Insight for monitoring.. Oh and a chrome lisence plate frame. ha

2006 Silverado, 6.6L Duramax LLY, 2500HD, Ext Cab, Short box, 4X4, Greystone ext, Charcoal int. Procomp Lift with Keys up front, blocks and airbags in rear, Procomp front driveshaft (double CV), 37" BFG Mud-terrains, 17" KMC Hoss wheels. Diablo Sport Predator, cat removed, 4" MBRP Turbo Back, Blocker and Finger Stick, Boost Stick, BD Manifold, Turbo and Pyro pillar guages, AFE replacement filter, PCV re-routed, KD Tie rod sleeves... SOLD..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2008, 05:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
[email protected]
Diesel Pro

INDP Member

That is what the two are intended for, it is very popular for the Dodge gauge.
Old 11-22-2008, 09:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
olboy82
Diesel Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
That is what the two are intended for, it is very popular for the Dodge gauge.
Yeah that's what I thought too, I thought that they were supposed to go hand in hand with each other, but don't quote me on that

2015 GMC Sierra Denali HD CCSB LML 7-30-14 to 1-5-17 8,000 miles

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD CCSB LBZ 9-15-05 to 7-30-14 32,000 miles
Old 11-22-2008, 10:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
06 LLY
Freeze Plug

Ya ive actually installed the predator and powerpuck on a 07 Cummins, but the predator for the dodge actually comes with two sets of tunes. Tunes that run just with the predator and another set that are to be run with the puck together. Im guessing the tunes that are for the puck has less timming?? So thats why im asking cause my predator (U7186) does not have two sets of tunes and there is no updates on the diablo webpage....

Old 01-11-2009, 03:27 AM   #7 (permalink)
wbens
Diesel Pro

Send a message via AIM to wbens Send a message via MSN to wbens

Midwest Smokers Member

Thought I'd bump this back up to see if you have any feed back on the Power Puck. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it shift on the fly?

2013 GMC Denali
Old 01-19-2009, 06:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
emiller3
Diesel Head

Louisiana Diesel Truck Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbens View Post
Thought I'd bump this back up to see if you have any feed back on the Power Puck. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it shift on the fly?
I had an extreme power puck stacked with a predator.I dont know if it was the puck or predator but with both of them turned up it clattered bad.
EED cut&coated lb7 pistons,head springs and cam
TTS rods
Calvin's Custom tranny Suncoast 58 converter
PPE 2x cp3,100% F1
and a few other goodies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in