Diesel Place banner

New Guy Needs Help with LBZ

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  tsnow 
#1 ·
Ok i'm new to the Duramax. I was a hardcore Dodge Cummins man and have dropped a lil bit of go fast stuff on it. But now I have come to the side where the real boys play and need some help big time.

I know that I want to get about 600hp/1100lbs outta it at the rear wheels. And I still want to pull in the 2.5 class.

So any and all ways of doing that would be helpful.
Ive been reading up and have a few ideas so just see if im on the right track because here is what i was thinkin bout buyin.

Programmer - EFIlive...... I know its just a gotta have​
Tranny - Suncoast IV- dont know which convertor leaning to a 1058, transfer case brace, Snake-Oil kit from Mike L.
Turbo - Fleece 64mm i just want a cheetah
Exhaust - 4" or 5" i like a real deep tone so i think i like the 5" but is that to big for a duramax when its straight piped??no cat or muffler for me
Manifold and Down Pipe - which companys is the best
Intake - No Idea i want a open box with a dry filter no volant or banks for me.... prolly AFE or AEM dont know which one is better
Traction Bars - I have no idea
Centerlink and Sleeves - No idea where to get um but know i need um
Fueling - Air Dog 150 & PPE duel fuelers..... i know ppl with the PPE stuff ported fuel rail fittings, race valve and shim kit.... i dont know if i need any of that stuff or not

And do i need an intercooler??

If im way off please lead me down the right path
Thank yall

See less See more
#2 ·
you are on the right, someone will chime in on some of the details, heading toward 600hp will require some internal mods.

#4 ·
Yep....give Brayden a call....save your pennies....and let him do his thing:)

#5 ·
Look at my sig, it should be about everything your looking for except the tuning, I'll be going to EFI live soon enugh.

#6 ·
600 hp to the rear tires is real close for stock rods and probably pistons too:eek:. do a little research. experts to chime in on this?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.