Smokin' in the Smokies - Test-n-Tune - Dyno - Drag Race - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Events, Rallies, & Regional Discussion > Mid-Atlantic
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Mid-Atlantic DE - DC - KY - MD - NC - TN - VA - WV

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2006, 06:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
fordt
Diesel Fanatic

iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Smokin' in the Smokies - Test-n-Tune - Dyno - Drag Race

Please bring the family and join us at Smokin' in the Smokies April 21st to the 23rd in Gatlinburg, TN sponsored by DP Tuner and Adventure Bound Camping Resort .

Friday April 21st - (evening) We will attend a test and tune night at English Mountain Dragway. There will be a $12 fee for as many runs as you can get in.

Saturday April 22nd - David Dunbar, of Diesel Performance Motorsports, (http://www.dieselperformancemotorsports.com/) will have the Mobil Dyno at the Adventure Bound Camping Resort for everyone to dyno their rigs. The Dyno will be available almost all day Saturday along with activities for the family at the same time (ranging from shopping trips to arts and crafts). Saturday evening we will have a fire pit and beverages.

Sunday April 23rd - DP Tuner rented the English Mountain Dragway (http://www.englishmountaindragway.com) for 1/8 mile races. This will be for people attending the Smokin' in the Smokies event. Prizes for fastest run to be announced.

Cabins and RV sites are available at:
Adventure Bound Camping Resort - Gatlinburg
www.crazyhorsecampground.com
1-800-528-9003
4609 East Parkway
Gatlinburg, TN. 37738

The park is Minutes from: Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge shopping & attractions, Smoky Mountains National Park, Dollywood, Dixie Stampede, Splash Mountain, Cherokee National Forest, Skydiving, bungee jumping, whitewater rafting, hiking, mountain biking, horseback riding and much more!

Rent a Tent Site, Full Hook up RV site, Deluxe Cabin, Log Cabin, Tennessee Cabin, or Rustic Cabin!

At the park, there are planned activities for children of all ages! Art's n Craft's, Candy Bar Bingo, Cermaics, Karoake, Arcade, Pool, Playground, Volleyball, Horseshoes and fishing in the stocked Trout pond! There is a fully stocked camp store, and snack bar!

There are motel's within 5 minutes, and luxury hotels within 15 minutes! Along with fine dining in Gatlinburg!

Give them a call for more information and reservations! Tell 'em you are with Smokin' in the Smokie's Diesel Rally! You can always PM (fordt) Wayne for with any questions or comments!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2006, 11:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
wideopen
Glow Plug

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

I can't wait...

Suncoast
Super Diesel
500+ RWHP Certified
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2006, 11:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
devil
Diesel Nut

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Sounds like fun, but I'm on the west coast. I did want to say my wife and I went to Gatlinburg and Pigeon forge for our honeymoon boy do you guys have some pretty country.

Have fun.
6"RCD,33x13.50x20 IROKS,Chrome MKW wheels(BLING)
Predator,Edge/Attitude,Trippin overhead mount
5" exhaust no kitty, finger stick&plate

---MIKE---
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2006, 12:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
wideopen
Glow Plug

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Thanks....this will be a good time had by all..
Suncoast
Super Diesel
500+ RWHP Certified
Old 03-07-2006, 10:31 AM   #5 (permalink)
halfshaft5
Diesel Apprentice

Dang I am only 1 1/2 hour away, count me in and I will try to round up everyone I can. Is it a meet for all brands or just D-max trucks?

2009 Yukon XL 2500 6.0 4x4 blacked out leveled, 20's, full Gibson Exhaust, Mibil 1 Syn in all boxes.
Old 03-07-2006, 05:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
fordt
Diesel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfshaft5 View Post
Is it a meet for all brands or just D-max trucks?
All brands
Old 03-07-2006, 05:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
fordt
Diesel Fanatic

To make this more fun, we are going to have some events raffles and maybe a tri-cycle race if i have any say in it. All for prizes... the list of stuff (unofficial) to be raffles and given away:

(6) $100 Gift Certificates to Bay Area Performance
Some 25 Dollar Fuel Cards
A Brand New Dell Dimension Computer with a 19" Flat Panel Monitor
A Brand New 19" Flat Panel Monitor
Old 03-15-2006, 02:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
fordt
Diesel Fanatic

For you guys still looking for a place to stay in a cabin or motel.

Next door to our campground where the dyno will be setup and, the majority of people are staying, there are 7 cabins currently available. http://www.parksidecabinrentals.com/CabinSiteMap.asp is the link. The cabins are located at the "Wilderness Creek Village" Cabins, 2,3,3A,4,5,6,7. The rate is $90/night +TAX. Pictures are on the link. The phone numebr to reserve is 1-800-922-6799
Old 03-16-2006, 01:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
fordt
Diesel Fanatic

Duramax 6.6 ShootOut

I am happy to anounce our Duramax Shootout that will take place at the Smokin in the Smokies Event. Just prior to the the kickof test and tune night, we will be on David Dunbars Dyno Testing a LB7 with a Suncoast V tranny, Big Head Wastegate, and stock turbo. We will have most boxes and tuners made for this engine, and we will post our unbiased results afterward.

We will be looking for big power, and drivability. This shoot out will be conducted in the same manor as the 6.0 shootout to get the most fair results as possible. A special Thanks to FordT for giving us a spot to have the event, and to David Dunbar for spending time with us on this project! Also, a big thanks to all the vendors for helping supply product for us to test!

Also, thanks to CAP for letting us use his truck, and for helping to gather the tunes and information needed to complete this. This will go down Friday, so if you have time, we will see ya there.
Old 03-16-2006, 02:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
Hired Gun
Diesel Nut

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

I will be there, and I expect a few Maxes to be there with me. Thats if they can keep up.

Thanks to Suncoast and BRC Diesel Performance in California, KY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in