Diesel Friendly Dealer in MD....? - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Events, Rallies, & Regional Discussion > Mid-Atlantic
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Mid-Atlantic DE - DC - KY - MD - NC - TN - VA - WV

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2006, 10:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Brad1

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Diesel Friendly Dealer in MD....?

As the post says.....

Any good diesel dealers in MD?...I've been to Fox, Timonium, and Anderson GMC. None of them seem very into the diesel scene. I know MD is a tough state for diesel guys but maybe there's a cool GM tech on this forum I can talk to instead of the preppy little service rep or manager im stuck talking to.....

BTW.....

Any events or GTG's in the area?.....

Baltimore or NORVA. I live in B-more and work in Falls Church Va....

Not exactly a hotspot for oilburners but lemme know if ur out there...!!!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2006, 10:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
viperhauler

I live in Bel Air just north of Baltimore. I bought my truck from Fox and they weren't able to tell me much about diesels when I bought it. I haven't had the need to go back to the dealer yet. I know there is Diesel Connection up on 152 and 95 if you need something other than warranty work. They are nice guys.

Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2006, 10:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
JohnnyR
Clutch

DelMarVa Diesel Club Member

Criswell

Criswell has an entire truck section that deals in the medium duty as well. They hook up most of us farmers in the area.
Johnny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2006, 07:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Marek
High Compression

The Diesel connection does awsome work!!!!! Ask for Tom . He has done alot to my motorhome and we have always been happy.
Old 02-12-2006, 06:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
wildbore
Diesel Student

What was wrong w/ Fox in timonium? I got great service from Tyler ( cobra)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...e/IMGP0264.jpg
Old 02-14-2006, 06:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cobra#3747
Diesel Expert

If you come to or want to come to Fox Timonium, have to ask for me to work on the truck. Without knowing that, service writters will try to bring diesels in and get some of the other guys to look at them when I am backed up and ends up shorting you guys on the service received. Right now I am fairly slow, so I can get to them pretty quick right now. What are you looking to get done?
Old 02-20-2006, 10:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
Loader
Diesel Head

Armed Forces Club Member

THE place to go to is Jeff Barnes Chevrolet in Eldersburg. They are a small place, but they will go far out of their way to please.

STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM CRISWELL AS POSSIBLE !!!

I bought my truck from Criswell. It was damaged every time it went there! After two oil changes it had to go back for two new bumper covers and two trips to their body shop for paint repairs. One day they kept me there for a whole day! They screwed me around for a year, trying to find an engine problem. One time I picked it up and they'd been rooting through my glovebox, had reassembled my radio, and there was uneaten food in it!!!!! They gave me a T-shirt for my troubles. Nothing at all against the farmers, but maybe they don't mind their paint getting scratched, their bumper covers being gouged, oil dripping from the underneath, and on one visit over 100 miles added with food on the floor and an empty fuel tank left behind.

Then I took it to Barnes. They spent 3 days diagnosing and found the problem! They really went out of their way and are the only reason I didn't park this truck in the Patomac. The problem was a chafed wire.
They are also reasonable about mods - they just don't want to see them hooked up. They just had a truck on their lot with a Banks exhaust and tuner - and sold it WITH a warranty.

Right now they do what little work I won't do myself (and only because this is my first diesel).

2004.5 2500HD LS 4x4 Snow Package LLY Duramax/Allison - LBZ mouthpiece with resonator blocked, S&B LBZ CAI; EGR blocked and Fingered; PCV reroute; Banks Power PDA, Monster Exhaust; AMSOIL dual remote bypass filters; AirDog II 165; Big Dipper Allison build with Deep Pan; Mike L. Trans Cooler; power steering cooler; 1-ton rear leaves; RANCHO 4" lift with pre-runner skid plate and 9000x-Pro remote reservoir shocks and steering stabilizer; COGNITO steering supports and tie rods; 315's on Chrome H2 wheels; Hammerhead pre-runner front bumper with 12,000lb winch; Viair air compressor and tank; all LED lighting and projector headlights; Rhino exterior coating for rock protection.

Last edited by Loader; 02-20-2006 at 10:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in