Diesel Place banner

Smokin' the Bluegrass?

3K views 34 replies 9 participants last post by  kimagine 
#1 ·
Hey all,

I was reading through the dhra pull scheduale and was wondering how this competion was? It is about an 8 or 9 hour drive from where I live so I don't want to go if there isn't normaly a big turn out. Ed... do you plan on going to this pull?

Thanks John Kruckeberg

#3 ·
Thanks, is there normaly a good turnout? Also is there anything going on afterwards like that night? I will be spending the night if I come prob so just wondering if there will be any after parties or anything!

#4 ·
Thanks, is there normaly a good turnout? Also is there anything going on afterwards like that night? I will be spending the night if I come prob so just wondering if there will be any after parties or anything!
This will be the thrid annual event. The event last year had gone greatly. With the added advertisment it should about double last years attendence. Afterwards party still pending at this point. But there will be plenty of beer dranked anyway:eek: Come on up and have a good time. I do know of some people heading up from the Atlanta area, that just come to watch and hang out.

#5 ·
Cool, I will have to consider it, just got to make sure I have the money for diesel to get there and not to mention a place to stay the night!

#6 ·
I am going to check out camp sites in the area. Cheapest way to go, just hope it won't be too hot.
Mark

#7 ·
cynthiana, is only about 20 min from my hometown. i thought if there were gonna be many DP members down i might have a get together back at my house or farm. or some of my buddies in cynthiana might have something for us. just wondering if there would be much intrest in hang out afterwards

#8 ·
Ryan that would be awsome, maybe us that were planing on camping out somewhere or getting a hotel room can camp out on yours or one of your buddies farms!?!? Im not going to be pulling cause I only have a wimpy little 2x4 dually, but we could lay some awsome black marks and still have a good time afterwards. I am down for it, I think I can still make it, we will have to see how much mula I have then. How much is diesel in your area Ryan?

#10 ·
If all goes well this should be one of my first or second pulls with my 87. Theres nothing better than a good field party I'm in.

#11 ·
well ill see what i can do for you folks planning on campin or stayin over ill see what i can do. only 1 tiny motel in cynthiana and i dont believe they have any campground close. im sure some of my buddies wouldnt care a bit to let anyone who wanted to camp out.

#13 ·
Great, let us know and very true to my next quoted thread.
Mark:)

#12 ·
Cool well just let us know, none of us want to impose on anyone.

#14 ·
:rolleyes: :ro) ;) :D ):h :grd:
Mark

#15 ·
This event will have up to 5 diesel truck classes. We have a mobile dyno coming in. David Dunbar, and a show and shine competition. It gets bigger each year.

As far as places to stay. Falmouth, KY has a state park. Kincaid lake State Park for camping. It is about 30 minutes from the pull however. The biggest town from the event is Lexington which is about 18 minutes away, and also Georgetown, KY. AS far as afterwards things, some (ryanu) have mentioned a field party of such which is fine. It will be a great pull and run the right way. Lots of big name pullers are coming. There will be ads at Scheid Diesel Ext. for more info, or log on to www.kydtr.com for even more.

#16 ·
sounds cool, still hoping I can make it! I will have to peek into my wallet to see if I can come!

#17 ·
WE are also trying to find a nice spot for a burnout contest.

#18 ·
How far time wise from Cinci is the event? I will now only be able to come down for the day since I need to be back in the morning for a football game. Would have liked to stay for the after party even though I don't drink :beerchug: :drinking: , alright I don't drink that much:cool: .

Hope to see some of you then.
Mark

#19 ·
By the way, anybody needing 3 235-75-16 tires for burnouts? I believe they are Goodyear Wranglers with decent tread. I know they are small but I also know some people use them. If anyone wants them, I'll bring them down and the first taker can unload them from my truck. It will only cost 1 Bud Light..... Told ya I don't drink.
Mark

#20 ·
You are about 50 minutes from Cynthiana. Get on US 27 in KY and follow it all the way to Cynthiana.

#21 ·
Hired Gun,
Thanks for the input. 50 minutes is nothing and will go by nice and quick. It sounds like it is about 40 minutes or so from Alexandria KY.
Look forward to seeing you there.
Mark

#22 ·
There are lots of members from www.KYDTR coming from Alexandria. Probably 30 trucks or more. So when it gets closer, you may be able to convoy up if you want.

#23 ·
Sounds good.. I noticed alot of those guys there are driving Dodges(newer), could they handle an older GMC riding along...;-)
Mark

#24 ·
Just as long as you dont tell anyone that I still have a 6.2 in the fleet.):h

#25 ·
:lol: Coal,
I thought I had seen your name over there before.
Mark

#26 ·
5 more days until the big event. Looks to be a great night of smoke and bragging rights.

#28 ·
It is a one day event. Gates open at 8 am. Dyno starts at 8 am and runs until we are finished. Last year we dynoed until dark. Show and shine is happening, and the pull is at 7 with 5 classes of diesel trucks.

#29 ·
If something good happens before 11 am, tape it since I am not a very big morning person:cool: .
We'll be down there around 11 or 12.
Mark

#30 ·
Since I can not run in anything, just to enjoy everyone elses toys.
Mark

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.