Know a good Duramax Tech in Kentucky??? - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Events, Rallies, & Regional Discussion > Mid-Atlantic
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Mid-Atlantic DE - DC - KY - MD - NC - TN - VA - WV

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2010, 10:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
KyleDD
Diesel Fanatic

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Know a good Duramax Tech in Kentucky???

I'm located in Somerset KY and I'm looking for someone who is really good with the D-Max. I don't want a dealer, here's why. I think my injectors are starting to go and from what I've been reading on here they are looking for trucks with programmers and voiding the injector warranty. I have an Edge on mine. I know I could take the truck back to the dealer in Indiana where I bought it and they would "look the other way" on the programmer, but they are 6hrs away. Before I take it all the way up there, I want to know for sure it's the injectors. Any suggestions?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2010, 01:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Torched
Diesel Starter

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

KY Diesel place Club Member

I'm in Somerset too. My LB7 is having all kinds of problems. Have you checked your balance rates? Unless you have been to Don Franklin, (they are the only ones I know of with a Tech II here) or know someone with EFI live (no luck on that either), it's pretty much hopeless. You're SOL finding anyone in this town to do the work. I hauled my truck out of town to the only well known diesel performance shop in the state only to bring it back on a rollback 5 months later. There are some backyard mechanics in Science Hill that I've heard have attempted to do injectors, only to not be able to repair the failure for whatever reason. Be careful with who you choose to do the work. You're truck may just return in worse shape than it was before it was torn down.
Got pics of your truck? I'm sure I've seen it.

Last edited by Torched; 02-12-2010 at 01:36 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2010, 04:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Rader2146
Ride, shoot straight, and speak the truth.

Armed Forces Club Member

Moved to Mid-Atlantic.

-----------------------------------------------------
>>Search<<
| Tips To A Productive Search | Programmer Info | LLY Turbo MP Upgrade | Aftermarket Air Filter Study | Fuel Additive Study | Duramax Maintenance Schedule | LLY FAQ | The Little Black Book |

"There are only two things that are infinite, the universe and
human stupidity, and I am not sure about the former."
~Albert Einstien

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2010, 10:38 AM   #4 (permalink)
KyleDD
Diesel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torched View Post
I'm in Somerset too. My LB7 is having all kinds of problems. Have you checked your balance rates? Unless you have been to Don Franklin, (they are the only ones I know of with a Tech II here) or know someone with EFI live (no luck on that either), it's pretty much hopeless. You're SOL finding anyone in this town to do the work. I hauled my truck out of town to the only well known diesel performance shop in the state only to bring it back on a rollback 5 months later. There are some backyard mechanics in Science Hill that I've heard have attempted to do injectors, only to not be able to repair the failure for whatever reason. Be careful with who you choose to do the work. You're truck may just return in worse shape than it was before it was torn down.
Got pics of your truck? I'm sure I've seen it.
Thanks for the info. I'm gonna remove the Edge and all components, then take it to Don Franklin and see what they say. If they can't do anything for me, I'm going to take it back to Indiana where I got it.
I don't have any good pics right now. I'm going to put a set of Rockstar XD 20" w/ Mickey T's in a few weeks, I'll get pics once I do. It's an '04 Red Crew Cab that looks stock.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
smokindmaxdsl
Glow Plug

TN Diesel Place Club Member

FWIW. I live in Hartsville, TN. I took mine to Nashville, to Carl Black Chevrolet. They changed mine out new oil, filter, and fuel filter no charge. Granted I had a PPe on mine at the time. I told them my oil was a quart over and smelled like diesel. They told me to have it there at a certain time and they had it a day. Great service, just a thought. Good Luck
Suncoast Stage IV with 1056, T case brace, PML Deep Pan, PPE Boost Valve,MA Tie rod sleeves, MA Pump Rub Kit, Cognito Braces, Eagle 058 Alloys 285/75/16 A/Ts with Freds 2" Spacers, Dipricol Boost and Egt Gauges Pillar Mount, D/A S&B Air Intake, RDL Air Horn
Future Mods: HT Promax 66, ARP studs, Labonte DS-4 meth kit, Firestone Bags, and Train Horn
www.alligatorperformance.com
www.performancetruckproducts.com
2005 Chevy Silverado 2500 ZF-6 Sold "Brotherhood of Handshakers Club" member #135
Old 02-17-2010, 04:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
KyleDD
Diesel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokindmaxdsl View Post
FWIW. I live in Hartsville, TN. I took mine to Nashville, to Carl Black Chevrolet. They changed mine out new oil, filter, and fuel filter no charge. Granted I had a PPe on mine at the time. I told them my oil was a quart over and smelled like diesel. They told me to have it there at a certain time and they had it a day. Great service, just a thought. Good Luck

Thanks for the info. I may give them a call.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in