Diesel Place banner

ATT. everyone from adams/springfield TN..

6K views 78 replies 9 participants last post by  wideopen 
#1 ·
i heard a rumor today that the truck/tractor pulls was comin up soon at the robertson county fair grounds....this true?

#52 ·
I'll try to get somewhere that all of us can park together, or at least close. I usually try to get backed up to the warehouse in the pit area. JD4440, myojunk, and 02Durabeast have my # so we can all get together.

I'm bringing 2 4way wrenches, a jack, a small tool set, a grinder. Just thinking ahead. ...maybe a cooler and an inconspicuous cup for after I get done pullin'???:rolleyes:

#53 · (Edited)
..:p:[/quote]and no one in a DMAX has shown anyone in my neck of the woods that a DMAX can hang w/ a Cummins when it comes to sled pullin'

I WILL !!! , Eventually

#55 ·
sheppster

will
shep;1787006; said:
If you're pullin' in Springfield, get there as early as you can. I've had A LOT of people say they are hookin' and if it's as many as last year at the fair they might stop registering after a certain # of trucks. I hope not, but still. 6200lb class has the most potential for a diesel to walk away w/ $$$. 7200lb has the most diesel competition. Still a don't have the DMAX # of pullers like the other brands so come on if you can. June 22 is the street pull. June 23 is the sanctioned "big" pull...SS tractors & 4x4 trucks.

#56 ·
sheppster

will you be in field of pullers maybe can finaly meet ya and root on some local DMaxs:)
shep;1787006; said:
If you're pullin' in Springfield, get there as early as you can. I've had A LOT of people say they are hookin' and if it's as many as last year at the fair they might stop registering after a certain # of trucks. I hope not, but still. 6200lb class has the most potential for a diesel to walk away w/ $$$. 7200lb has the most diesel competition. Still a don't have the DMAX # of pullers like the other brands so come on if you can. June 22 is the street pull. June 23 is the sanctioned "big" pull...SS tractors & 4x4 trucks.

#57 ·
Hay Bales

Saw them but them in place Pullin to east........Parking Field
shep;1829335; said:
No haybails this year (I think)...we're pullin' toward the hwy - YEEE HAAWWW!!! If it breaks...go thru the gate and hang a right!!!!

#58 ·
myojunk;1838349; said:
have you guys been on the scales to see what ya weigh? shep, i remember you tellin me, but i forgot what it was.

My Reg Cab came in @ 6140lbs with...
33" Sport Kings on 16.5x9.75 12 hole wheels
1/2 tank of fuel
no spare tire
and me not in it
I also do not have a tool box, bed mat, 5th wheel, DMI bumper, brush guard, or other add ons that would add weight.

This year will be different. My lift supposedly added 150lbs. So unless a tailgate and a battery removed can make up for it, I'll be in the 7200lb class. I don't know if they are weighing w/ driver or not this time.

I'm going to the scale at co-op later today.

#59 ·
Mr BaadBoy;1838759; said:
will you be in field of pullers maybe can finaly meet ya and root on some local DMaxs:)

abso-friggin-lutely!!! I'm lookin' forward to meeting some ya'll and putting a face to the name.

#60 ·
My truck is fat. I weigh in at 8476 with transfer tank full, 8240 with it empty. I could slim it by a few hundred more if I wnated to take the time.

#61 ·
Fyi

I just looked up the weight of diesel incase you needed to know.

6.9 - 7.3 lbs/gallon

This is depending on winter or summer blend and/or what part of the country you live in.

#62 ·
myojunk;1838349; said:
have you guys been on the scales to see what ya weigh? shep, i remember you tellin me, but i forgot what it was.
I'm going by the rock quarry tomorrow to weigh mine. Unlike Shep I do have a toolbox,B&W,spare,and a bedmat. I'm for sure in the 7200 or better class.
I have an odd question: Since my alignment was off and the tires they rotated to the back are wore bad on the outside to none on the inside would it be benificial at reducing toe in at all to move them back to the front.? Just looking for that extra little bit :D
Shep, my phone took a dive off the deep end before I had a chance to teach it how to swim. The Rep is supposed to bring me one in the morning so I will give you a call when I recieve it.

#65 ·
WHOOOOOOOOO!!! -Ric Flair

'bout to get off work...truck's all shined up...ready to get it on!

#70 ·
...if the rain will hold off, I'm in!

#71 ·
GOD knows we need the rain but I sure hope it waits till saturday.

#74 ·
There was also a 60% chance today. Besides the sweat I'm dry as a bone.

#75 ·
Tonight!

it was rainned out last night. it has been rescheduled for TONIGHT at 7pm. i seen alot of the springfield crowd there. i also seen Dale Calander's (sp) red dually sittin on a gooseneck trailer. someone told me he was dhra workstock points leader.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.