Diesel Place banner

Wonder why they're called a "Stealership"

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  dmaximus04 
#1 ·
Just wanted to share a stealership experience I just had,
It started with trading my 2005 Denali in on a 2005 3500 dually. The deal was done and the cheque for $10,500 was signed and handed over. I did not get out of the dealership lot and the coolant overflow started overflowing, back in the shop and a head gasket repair. Next day I'm in the shop getting some personal items that I had left in the dually and I start talking to the mechanic and he tells me about taking it on a road test within the week before I bought it and how the pyro temperature of the truck was wrapped past 1600 degrees!!! (do I hear non-disclosure!!!). SO needless to say, the deal was cancelled and I ended up purchasing a 2007 2500HD. Four days later I drive past the dealership, see the two trucks at different ends of the lot with pricetags in both windows. The dually priced at 34,900 and my old Denali at 31,900, a difference far, far less than 10,500. I could not help myself, I circled around to the showroom and found my (ex)salesman. I asked him to refresh my memory, how much diff did you want from me when I was dealing in the dually, of course he tells me 10,500. So I ask him, you want 10,500 from me, I see a price tag of 34,900 and 31,900. . . do that math. Of course he did'nt have an answer for me as I walk out of the dealership. Funny, a week before this I'm sure I heard, "We just want to make you happy". . . . .:mad::eek::(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.