Diesel Place banner

Bremerton Raceway this saturday April 25th

6K views 66 replies 12 participants last post by  05' Ditry Duramax 
#1 ·

Anybody Going? I figured I'd throw this in a separate thread with the hope that more guys might see it.

I talked to Joy today and got my kitchen pass so I'm heading up chime in if "you wanna go fast" (or see people go fast like me :D).

If I can get the generator on my trailer to quit freaking out I might pull it up there and stay the night at the track. From reading a thread over on NW Bombers it looks like camping at the track is only 10 bucks.

Or if that's not a go, I'd entertain hauling Jerry's truck up in case of breakage. Plus it just looks cool hauling stuff :cool:. Oh yeah who's got a goose neck around here?

So who's going, when we leavin', are we truckpoolin'......what's the deal?

See less See more
#2 ·
I've got a goose neck hitch in my truck if that is what you are asking about. I have an adaptor that converts my 5th wheel trailer hitch to a goose neck style, that way I only have the ball in the bed of the truck rather than a 5th wheel plate. Also FYI the last time I was up there a couple years ago, there was no running water and only blue rooms for the spectators and racers.

#3 ·
I've got a goose neck hitch in my truck if that is what you are asking about. I meant a gooseneck flatbed trailer :D , but if someone did have one I could borrow I'd need an adapter plate for my fifthwheel rails as well LOL! Not quite like borrowing a cup of sugar is it? I have an adaptor that converts my 5th wheel trailer hitch to a goose neck style, that way I only have the ball in the bed of the truck rather than a 5th wheel plate. Also FYI the last time I was up there a couple years ago, there was no running water and only blue rooms for the spectators and racers.
That's cool if I brought the trailer I'd water it up and be good to go!

So you coming Cody?

#4 · (Edited)
Yeah Cody, you coming? Huh Huh Huh????? Are ya?:)

Roy, like I told you on the phone, the toyhauler idea is a darn good one. If you don't get your generator fixed you're more than welcome to hook up to mine and pull it up there. I can't pull it in case my junk breaks, that would seriously complicate things....oh yeah and my integrated brake thingy is on the fritz or something. We could go prett fast, just couldn't stop :rolleyes:

Anybody is welcome to come and stay, make yourself at home :) Full fridge and enough gas to run the generator until the cows come home. Sleeps plenty without violating the 1 man per bed rule.

So the list that is traveling up there in one way or another....

Bob...... Check
Roy...... Check
Me....... Check
Justin...?????
Brandon??????
Darci????????
Mike (Caramon)?????
Cody????????

#7 · (Edited)
Roy, like I told you on the phone, the toyhauler idea is a darn good one. If you don't get your generator fixed you're more than welcome to hook up to mine and pull it up there.
Alright I'm gonna tinker with mine and see what's what.
I'm in , I'll pay for the camping fee & bring the first case of drop top ( that's what us high rolling pipefitters drink) . Roy got you'r PM (wtf- no message) Also I'll drive my truck if need be !!!! Darcy come on , ask the wife for your nuts out of her purse and go with us (J/K) . Is JUSTIN going ?????I talked to him I'm not sure though. Sounds like he might have plans. I'm gonna miss that guy when he get's married LOL ;)
Sounds good Bob. I let that thing ring like 10 times and no answering machine came on? You know of anybody we could borrow a gooseneck flatbed from?

#5 ·
I'm in , I'll pay for the camping fee & bring the first case of drop top ( that's what us high rolling pipefitters drink) . Roy got you'r PM (wtf- no message) Also I'll drive my truck if need be !!!! Darcy come on , ask the wife for your nuts out of her purse and go with us (J/K) . Is JUSTIN going ?????

#6 ·
I'm sorry I'm going to have to pass guys. Not working since October doesn't allow for play time. Besides I did a head and cam swap on another guys camaro over the winter and something went wrong with it Friday and now #7 and #5 holes are dead. So I need to work on it and figure out what is up and get him fixed up.

#8 ·
Flatbed ? (NO)

#13 ·
I told Jerry if we could find one I'd haul his ride up there. You know use a workhorse to haul the pampered pony :nutkick:Ha Ha Ha Ha!

#9 ·
I see gates open at 8am. What day/time you guys planning on leaving to go up there?

#10 · (Edited)
Roy and I were both thinking a day trip makes for a pretty long day and not much time to do anything but head up at the crack of nothing (4:00am basically).

I'm thinking Friday afternoon/night.

EDIT:

Oh yeah, and Roy if you feel more comfortable taking your trailer there over mine I also have a Honda 2000i generator that is enough to run a furnace fan, some lights, etc. I could throw in the mix as well.

#11 ·
Yeah, sort of what I thought...coming back Saturday night or staying till Sunday?

#16 ·
Let me know when you guys get close. I will be working 2nd shift friday night but i'll be there saturday for sure.

#17 ·
I took the liberty of copying and pasting your reply from the other thread, hope you don't mind?

If you guys do make it up, I can have a small G2G here at my house. I'm only 10 minutes from the track roughly. I have a junker grill but it works and I have a very small amount of floor space and one shitter. If you guys need a place to stay just let know and we can make it work. It would be great to have a few Dmax's sitting in the driveway for once instead of a bunch of dodge's.....In the event that we stop by your place would I have to park my Dodge down the street :uhoh2: LOL

I have some tools so if anything goes south there's a good chance we can make it happen here at my house as well. There is also a place where some major repairs can be done if the guy isn't being crabby about it. Either way we can fix you guys up and get you takin care of. I would be happy to help in anyway.
Thanx for the offer!

#19 ·
Yes Roy, if we go to Kyle's house you'll have to park the Dodge waaaaaaaay down the street. Wouldn't want his neighbors to think some kind of riff raff was moving into the neighborhood.
Too funny!
Sorry guys, I have to work Saturday and Sunday my Wife wants to get our yard ready for new grass.

Best of luck to you Jerry! Have fun and be safe guys. Kyle, way to step up brother!

#20 ·
The Dodge can be parked in my neighbors driveway LOL!!!!!

Anytime guys. It's what we do, help eachother out and lend a hand however possible.

If you guys do choose to stay at the track though, that will be a great time also. I know a few guys that will prolly stay there and I can assure you there will be no shortage of fun had. It's a great group once you get to know everyone.

#21 ·
Wow a lot has been said here. Sh1t maybe i should check this section more often, hahah...

Asking, will get back to here little later tonight.

#22 ·
Wow a lot has been said here. Sh1t maybe i should check this section more often, hahah...

Asking, will get back to here little later tonight.
Justin you'll be kickin' yourself if you don't roll up there with us :cool:!

Getting the fifthwheel cleaned up right now. Got room for a few more if anybody wants a place to crash that night. I just called and talked to Gordon (track president) and told him we'd be up by 8-9 o'clock friday night. He said no problem and if the gates are already closed then somebody will come open them for us. Plannin' on leavin' town no later than 4:30, possibly earlier.

Who's headin' up?
If you can only make it for the day that's cool too, just show up!

#24 ·
Thanks for doing that Roy!

I can take Friday off if you want to leave early, or I can wait, or I can do whatever.

Bob, what are you doing?

Justin must be in negotiation (not really "asking") talks right now or something ;)
Bob's not working Friday and since I currently work for the unemployment office I can set my own schedule :horsey:

If the rest of these guys decide they'd rather stick with wearing skirts instead of wearing the pants......then I guess we could go ahead and leave early on Friday! If you happen to be Scottish and own a kilt that comment does not apply to you :D

#26 ·
Well i get off at 3:30. and i own neither of those:D

#28 ·
Damn, I hate 2nd shift.......

Too bad I can't meet you guys when you get there. I get off around midnight and could swing thru but I don't think they would like that. I do know a good bar in Port Orchard It' not too far from the track. I think we should hold off untill Saturday night to have some drinks.

Anyone need a place to crash at my house?

Do you guys want me to bring my grill down to the track?

#30 · (Edited)
I guess I'll bring 2 case's of drop top (you know we have give that MAX'D OUT team a drink or two) . Justin good to here you'r gal let you keep your nuts , unlike some other guy's that I won't bring up . We can leave at any time ya'll want , just means we get to drink more before we hit the sack .

#31 ·
All i know is i need to leave saturday not sunday.

#32 ·
Okay so we can't leave P-town early and we have to come home on Saturday.......:Wedgie:

Weather is still lookin' good!

#35 ·
Don't forget some sort of cup to put the beer in. They frown on the bottle thing andit's easier to hide it. There's a store right by the track that you can stop and get cups at. It's on the road you turn down to get to the track. Can't miss it.

#36 ·
Thanks for the heads up (camo-cups) , I,m long in the tooth and have a few tricks up my sleeve . :cool:How is the weather holding up ??

#37 ·
Weather channel moved from 10-20% chance of rain, but I'll take that. Bob you wanna come park your rig over here or you ridin' with Jerry? Or you could come park your rig over here anyway? I'm gonna be re-installing my airbags tomorrow morning and I'll probably still be cleaning the trailer up some.

Or since Jerry kinda works out that way maybe he can just hit your place after work and then you guys can chill for a while and Justin and I will meet you on the freeway? Pull into that Hotel there across the street from Kaiser and then join up with us as we pass by?

However you guys wanna do it, I just don't really relish sitting in traffic getting cut off all the time. So the sooner we're out of town the better as far as I'm concerned. Maybe we should talk Justin into leaving a hair earlier? Like 3-3:30 on the road and rollin'?

Dang are the rest of you guys really not interested in hitting this race?

#38 ·
I am, but I had other plans come up. When there is another one or even a local one. I'm usually game if I have enough lead time.

#39 ·
I'll call you guys tomorrow. Just got home after messing with a buddies 6 leaker and getting it towed to the dealer, back to his house, etc. It had a stuck EGR valve. They will replace it and the oil cooler for $100 deductable under warranty. Sucks that it put a stop to his trip to the dunes for the weekend, but $100 aint bad.

#40 ·
Seein how you guys aren't going to stay untill Sunday, I'll be working some OT. Thanks guys LOL!!

#41 ·
I just rode the ferry back from Bremerton today, weather is pretty good over there, no rain today, just a couple of sprinkles... Wish I could make it, but the thought of being back over on that side of the water when I spent all week there in the shipyards just doesn't sound too good to me. Good luck everyone.

#54 ·
I just rode the ferry back from Bremerton today, weather is pretty good over there, no rain today, just a couple of sprinkles... Wish I could make it, but the thought of being back over on that side of the water when I spent all week there in the shipyards just doesn't sound too good to me. Good luck everyone.

I would assume you are on the Lincoln?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.