Diesel Place banner

Anyone Ride??

2K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  bballer182 
#1 ·
Just thought I start a thread to see if we have any ORV enthusiests in the NW. What do you ride? Where do you ride? We ride Walker Valley, Reider Pit and an occasional trip to Coos Bay.

#3 ·
Oregon Dunes. Florence, Winchester Bay and Spinreel to Horsefall!

#4 ·
Horsefall
Winchester
Florence
Sand Lake (day trips)
Christmas Valley
St. Anthony
If it's got sand, I ride in it every chance I get!!...

#7 · (Edited)
Windy Bay, Coos Bay and Spinreel in that order. Have a 2nd home in Coos Bay so I'm over there spring thru fall a lot. Winter is for sleds around K Falls. Have Banshee 350 LR, 88 LT 500, 87 Tecate and 00 DS 650 with ninja 600 engine in the works.

Nick

#8 · (Edited)
Glamis, Gordon's Well 4-5 times a year. Prescott OHV park, Cinders OHV Park in Flaggstaff, Az. Really, really weird stuff to ride in...like being on the moon (or riding in a HUGE propane barbeque for that matter). We are spoiled. Glamis and Gordon's Well is a 4 hour drive from Phoenix with Toyhauler loaded. Flaggstaff 2 -1/2 hours, Prescott under 2 hours. We have a lifted gas golf cart (wifes), 50cc atv for the girls and I flick around a YFZ450. :ro)

#9 ·
Ever been to the Oregon Dunes? It's worth the trip in the summer. When it's 100+ down there it's 60s and 70s up here.

Nick

#11 · (Edited)
Never been to the Oregon Dunes. I have been invited to go with friends who live in Olympia, Wa. They are in Phx. this week and they talk about my family going up there this summer. Our family friend from Olympia has just retired as the fire chief and he faces a lot of boredom. His entire family rides and now there is even more of a reason to travel there.That would be a blast besides the long drive. The anticipation of getting there would make the drive even longer. From the pics I have seen and from what I have heard we are over due for a trip. I kinda hate the desert sometimes. I am originally from Pitts. Pa. and I sure miss the forest trails, but the sand dunes in Ca. keep the sanity and the addiction keeps me happy....something about coming home with sand in my pants...gives me a warm...fuzzy feeling (sometimes even Monkey-Butt can make a guy happy).

:ro)

#12 ·
Costa rica!!! awsome rideing from the beach to the jungle up the volcaneo's, ETC.. Whatever kind of rideing you want it is there and very affordable at that!!!

#14 · (Edited)
Thats why they invented planes!!! :D It's a great experience rideing in a 3rd world country. It was funny sitting over there in traffic and then all the sudden a 400EX or cfr 450 blows by you!! No such thing as a off road only vehicle there. If you are reffering to getting your ATV over there, NO NEED they rent just abought everything you can imagine over there, With or with out guides. I rode a 07 wr 450 while I was there.

#15 ·
Am i the only one whole rides trails only? Diamond Mill, Browns, Jordan Creek, Jones Creek, Goat Mtn. I love the Tillamook Burn OHV area.

#16 ·
I ride trails on my KTM. Just not very often. Last time out was in Early OCT. We went to Fort rock in central oregon. That was my second time over there. Very dusty, but still fun.I've ridden Diamond mill before(short day trip ride). Browns camp quite a bit. Down by Corvallis......can't remember the name of the place, very cool trails. Over near the prineville (once) reservoir pretty neat some good hillclimbs, very rocky terrain. I have a buddy lives I guess a mile or 2 away from Jones creek, have to hit that up before he goes and gets rid of his dirtbike in favor of his quads.

#17 ·
well thats good to hear. My YZ426 needs a new piston and rings and prolly a valve adjustment. Then it should be good to go.

#19 ·
:p::D:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.