dealer diesel tech - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Events, Rallies, & Regional Discussion > Northeast
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Northeast CT - ME - MA - NH - NJ - NY - PA - RI - VT

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2008, 10:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
m.gil
Diesel Apprentice

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

dealer diesel tech

does anyone know of a dealership on the south shore that has a good diesel tech? I am about 1/2 hr south of boston, check engine light keeps comin on ,already had it to the dealer twice and he cleared it now its back, truck is stock , no mods thanks

Last edited by m.gil; 12-08-2008 at 10:35 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2008, 08:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
RedLMM
Diesel Boss

Ocean State Diesel Club Member

hurd GMC in johnston RI has decent techs....

Old 12-09-2008, 10:24 AM   #3 (permalink)
dieseldrunk
Diesel Apprentice

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Did they tell you what was setting the code, How many miles on the truck,
05 DMAX SLT EXCAB, KN Filter .DYNAMAX EXHAUST. LINEX. AIRLIFT AIRBAGS.EFI LIVE. TXC CAI. LBZ MP. Blocked,fingered, Leveled on H2s/285s. 07 EVEREST 5er 36' 14000LBS. Waiting on check book to catch a Breath.......
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2008, 06:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
m.gil
Diesel Apprentice

i first took it to mcglaughlin chev in whitman, they reset it and told me that if it came on again they would have to clean the disc in the computer , whatever that means , 2 weeks later light is on again ,i notice im leaking power steering fluid from the cap, i open it and fluid puked out like it was under pressure, i get in start it and put it in gear , no power steering and no brakes ,called clay chevy in norwood and tell'em im sending it up on a ramp truck, i get the damn thing on the ramp truck and like magic the brakes and steering come back, they kept it almost 2 weeks and couldnt get it to do the same thing they clear the light and tell me that the problem with the brakes and the power steering is because of the aftermarket tires and rims i put on!!!! they tell me everything else is all set . so iget in the truck and go ,lights back on in 2 weeks. i went to the truck last night to get something ,i open the door and no courtesy lights!!!! no wonder gm needs a bailout !! the truck has about 25k on it .
Old 12-10-2008, 04:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
slipclutchms
Diesel Head

General GMC in Methuen are great! All they do are HD trucks and duramax's. Great people to deal with. Also all parts are offered at cost if you pay cash.

Hope this helps,
Dylan

SOLD!2003 GMC CCSB, Black, ZF-6 baby!

Brotherhood of handshakers #153!
Roll Coal !
Old 12-16-2008, 09:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
m.gil
Diesel Apprentice

i took the truck down to marty's gmc in kingston , real nice guy down there by the name of brian, said there was a bulletin about cleaning the egr valve. thats whats settin of the engine light, if it comes back again they will change the valve, we'll see!
Old 12-17-2008, 07:25 AM   #7 (permalink)
RedLMM
Diesel Boss

good luck...i hate when dealers dont know their *** from their elbow and use any aftermarket parts as the source of the problem..."your truck wont start sir because you have vent shades and window tint" haha its not that bad but you know what i mean
Old 12-28-2008, 04:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
pasquale
Glow Plug

herb connolly in framingham has a good diesel guy,the sm is an arse though
Old 12-29-2008, 07:49 AM   #9 (permalink)
DuramaxEric
Glow Plug

I have had very good luck with Swanson GMC in Concord. Diesel tech is great and stays up to date on everything.....
2004 GMC Sierra Crew Cab Short Box, stock LLY Katzskin leather, westin platinum steps, Extang tonneau cover, 265/75 16 Michelins. Kenwood DNX772BH with GPS navigation, Sirius XM radio with Kenwood backup camera. Compustar remote start system. Line-x bed liner and coolant system filter.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:02 AM   #10 (permalink)
Beegs
Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuramaxEric View Post
I have had very good luck with Swanson GMC in Concord. Diesel tech is great and stays up to date on everything.....
Do you know his name? TIA

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in