MA exhaust ban hearing - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Events, Rallies, & Regional Discussion > Northeast
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Northeast CT - ME - MA - NH - NJ - NY - PA - RI - VT

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2007, 10:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
Christopher06
Self Ignition

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

MA exhaust ban hearing

Rep. Elizabeth Malia is at it again. She is reintroducing bill H.B. 3574 with slight alterations. If passed this bill will make any system, which alters the sound of the exhaust, illegal. Also giving law enforcement complete subjective judgment on noise level. Here is a link to SEMA and the bill wording http://www.semasan.com/main/main.aspx?id=62241

Please contact your Rep. as soon as possible.
I am very sorry for the short notice, have not been as active with SEMA as I should be. The hearing is set for Oct. 2nd at 11:00 am @the state house. It's not to late. Make your voices heard.

2006 GMC 2500 Reg. cab, ZF-6, Bilstiens shocks, 265/75/16 Cooper Discover AT3, Edge Evolution tuner, Donaldson Filters. Plow prep, Trailer and camper prep. Camper mirrors, On-star, ParHella LED tail lamps, PCV reroute.
Brotherhood of handshakers #113
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2007, 11:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
ctgmcduramax
Diesel Nut

Send a message via AIM to ctgmcduramax

CT Smoke Member

Old School Oil Burners (Old SOBs) Member

CNY Diesel Club Member

Thanks for letting us know Chris, hopefully SEMA will help stop it in its tracks.
Thanks for coming to the get together, perhaps Sema and dealing with legislation is a workshop we might do next year.

dieselgettogether "dot" com
bearcreekremodelers "dot' com
NORTHEAST DIESEL GETTOGETHER 2010
SEPTEMBER 11 th 2010 Northwest Connecticut

CORNWALL BRIDGE, CT

The Northeast Diesel Get together is the largest group of Duramax and GM diesel enthusiasts to congregate in the northeast, and one of the longest running GM diesel events in the country.
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2007, 11:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
Unit453
Diesel Ninja

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

CNY Diesel Club Member

Armed Forces Club Member

Aftermarket exhauat systems are already illegal in most states.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2007, 08:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Reineke
Diesel Mythbuster

Send a message via MSN to Reineke Send a message via Yahoo to Reineke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit453;2037170;
Aftermarket exhauat systems are already illegal in most states.
Kill joy!
2005 Silverado 2500HD CC/SB 4X4 D/A LS Dark Gray Metallic, SoundGate for Sirius Satellite radio, Dee Zee 4" oval nerf bars, tinted front windows, TOFF spray-in, Predator 40hp, Garmin Quest, Prodigy brake controller, Unicover Legend, CB antenna bracket, Cobra 18WXSTII, 6" Tuff Country lift, 35x12.5/17 BFG M/T KM2, Silverline 4" exhaust 304SS no cat, Bully Dog gauges, EGR blocker, fingerstick, high idle, Frontier grille gaurd, Cognito Pitman/Idler supports, booststick, B&W Turn over ball GN hitch...
Pulling Rage'n RVT-27P or 1991 Sundowner Rancher Sport!
105000 miles
Hawkeye ~ Member #30 A(ACLU)
Old 10-02-2007, 08:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
dmaxdon
Diesel Starter

Any news? Know if it passed or not?
06 LBZ EC-SB LT3 Black. EFI by duramaxtuner.com, EGT boost and fuel preasure white faced guages, MBRP 5" turbo-back straight pipe 6" tip, PPE mod air-box with K&N drop-in, Trans-Go jr, black XD Hoss with 295/70 18 Terras, Green keys, 5100s, 2" blocks, Cognito UCAs and idler/pitman braces, Tie rod sleeves, Amsoil in everything, 7" double-din navi, Kicker CVR750 amp pushing 2 Kicker Comp 10"s under back seat, 6000K HIDs high, low and fogs with all on mod, Undercover hard bed cover, SS mesh grille, Debadged, chrome door handles, soon to come- blacked out tail lights, grille, bumper, Recon NBS smoked cab lights, remote start, roll pan, n some other stuff much more to come!
Old 10-03-2007, 12:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
DJistheman
Diesel Boss

yea, i think in NY any exhaust modification to amplify sound is illegal, i remember getting out of a few by telling the police it that my exhaust was a direct replacement meant for better performance and longivity, not sound.
idk how im gonna explain my stacks on my truck though, hehe

it seems like when i had a tastefully modded eclipse i had alot more negitive attention than with the duramax
-PPE Hot+2 E.T
-boost+pyro
-SD tie rod sleeves
-SC III mixer
Old 10-03-2007, 12:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
Mackin
Diesel Ninja

A buddies brother lives in Mass. Went to state inspection and they failed him,never did a decibel check,never looked under his truck, but failed him for a Flow Master CAT back exhaust system!

01 Dodge 2500 gasser.

I heard Flow Master is looking into it as he called customer support.

They don't call them Mass-holes for nuttin!
Old 10-03-2007, 02:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
Unit453
Diesel Ninja

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

CNY Diesel Club Member

Armed Forces Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJistheman;2041909;
yea, i think in NY any exhaust modification to amplify sound is illegal, i remember getting out of a few by telling the police it that my exhaust was a direct replacement meant for better performance and longivity, not sound.
idk how im gonna explain my stacks on my truck though, hehe

it seems like when i had a tastefully modded eclipse i had alot more negitive attention than with the duramax
Its not just to amplify sound, its any modification to your OEM exhaust system is illegal. Sound has nothing to do with it. You have to have a decible meter to really enforce that anyways so its kinds rare. Its a retarded law but its there in many states and has been for years. I dont know of anyone who actually enforces it though...

Old 10-03-2007, 02:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
Yaz
Diesel Champ

The only good thing I can think of is that 99.99% of the cops enforcing it we be after the loud farting rice burners.

We will have to stop shining up my exhaust tips so the look old black and factory!
2005 GMC SLT Ext Cab 2500HD D/A, GM TNR Navigation W/ Video Interface, PaceEdwards JackRabbit Cover, Escalde cluster w/red needles, Line-X, Nicktane, VR Tailgate straps, Custom secret HP ECM Tune - ERG delete-Blocker-Torque Mgt & speed limit del, Silverline 4" Dual Exahust, 315's w/ All Chrome H2's and 285's BFG KO's, 8' Fisher SS X-Blade MMII, headlight mod,4x4 dash light mod, Retractable Under hood light.
Toys:
"Harley Davidson-FLHRCI"
"1968 & 2010 Camaros"
Old 10-03-2007, 02:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
Mackin
Diesel Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit453;2042184;
Its not just to amplify sound, its any modification to your OEM exhaust system is illegal. Sound has nothing to do with it. You have to have a decible meter to really enforce that anyways so its kinds rare. Its a retarded law but its there in many states and has been for years. I dont know of anyone who actually enforces it though...

In this guys case it will vary on inspection stations also as he went to anouther station and passed with the Flow Master exhaust.

Dumb is a under statement.

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in