3/12 indoor pull in indy - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Events, Rallies, & Regional Discussion > Great Lakes
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Great Lakes IL - IN - MI - OH - WI

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2009, 08:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
kusileksledpull
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

3/12 indoor pull in indy

I heard alot of talk from guys earlier this year about this pull. I just checked the line-up and there is only 9 trucks total signed up for two classes, and two of them are mine. So just wondering why no one else signed up.

07 duramax A.K.A Cummins Killer- set up for the Pro mod 3.0 class. built by family and friends in our shop. To many mods to list. Open driveline, using Pro-Fab parts. Custom tilt body, headers, intake manifolds, and front suspension designed by us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2009, 08:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
JerrodGlover
Diesel Head

Michigan Oil Burners Member

Are you talking about the Cloverdale Pull that WhatsSmoken Productions is putting on?

Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2009, 08:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
kusileksledpull
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerrodGlover View Post
Are you talking about the Cloverdale Pull that WhatsSmoken Productions is putting on?
Yeah i remember a bunch of people saying they signed up, but on the list non of there names are on there.
07 duramax A.K.A Cummins Killer- set up for the Pro mod 3.0 class. built by family and friends in our shop. To many mods to list. Open driveline, using Pro-Fab parts. Custom tilt body, headers, intake manifolds, and front suspension designed by us.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2009, 08:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
House
Diesel Pro

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to House

INDP Member

Midwest Smokers Member

my truck inst no where near moveable yet is why i never singed up
01 Chevy 2500hd Ext/SB D/A LBZ CP3, Hp Tuners, BD TC,Transgo, Suntoast Boost Valve(SOLD)RIP
www.hoosiertruckclub.com
Old 02-07-2009, 10:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
jneal
Supporting Vendor

INDP Member

Wes, I will sign up if I can get the truck running. right now i sit 5 weeks out waiting on pistons, so we'll see. Not likely but I am gonna try. I might go a differnt route with pistons that might speed things up a little. Still though it will be close. You'd think after having all winter to get things ready we'd all have had enough time, but as far I as know all the trucks around here are still in pieces. House, Jeff, Justin, mine, all still in pieces.
1-765-676-5063
Suncoast Transmissions, Performance engine builds, Tap Shift conversions, Turbobrake, Custom Turbos, Cheetah Turbochargers
Old 02-08-2009, 12:00 AM   #6 (permalink)
STROKE THIS DMAX
Diesel Boss

Badger State Diesel Club Member

Midwest Smokers Member

Any websites about this pull?

2004 Chevy CCSB LLY

Built motor by Curtis H.
Tuned by Robert O.

Old 02-08-2009, 08:43 AM   #7 (permalink)
moss022
Diesel Kingpin

Illinois Diesel Power (IDP) Member

here you go jason, go here and fill out the paper work!

http://whatssmokin.net/Events.php?EID=14

RCC member #25
Team Twisted
Old 02-08-2009, 09:48 AM   #8 (permalink)
WI Huck
Diesel Expert

8,000 Pro Street Diesel F.W.D. (2.8 turbo)

Pro Street Diesel F.W.D. Rules

Weight breaks:
8000 lbs. Weight is with driver. Truck must have electic/hydraulic steering to assist with moving the truck around inside the arena.

Ballast:
Ballast is permitted. Hanging weights may not extend more than 60 inches from the centerline of the
front axle.

Batteries:
The batteries must be securely mounted. They may not be located in the driver compartment or
forward of the radiator core support.

Body:
The body must be the OEM truck body, including the full bed floor. The body must retain full sheet
metal. Metal after-market hoods are permitted. The hood must be closed and securely latched while
the vehicle is hooked to the sled.

Brakes:
Four-wheel hydraulic brakes are mandatory.

Chassis:
The OEM chassis is mandatory. The engine must be in the OEM location for the body used. The
vehicle must retain the full OEM chassis. Wheel tubs, back-half conversions, tube chassis, etc., are
prohibited.

Cooling System:
Radiators must be in the stock location and be of at least stock size.

Credentials:
All drivers must have a valid state drivers license.

Driveline:
An OEM transmission and transfer case are mandatory. They must have been an option on a one-ton
or smaller pickup.

Driver Restraint System:
The OEM restraint system is mandatory and must be worn.

Driveshaft Loops:
All trucks must have at least six inch wide u-joint shields around the rear u-joint constructed of at least
1/4 inch steel or 3/8 inch aluminum that will safely contain the u-joint and the end of the rear shaft. All
shields must be securely mounted to the vehicle. Any front shaft u-joint that is visible from the side of
the truck must be shielded to contain the u-joint and the end of the shaft.

Engine:
The engine block must have been available as a factory option on a one-ton or smaller pickup truck.
Blocks must circulate coolant freely. The use of concrete or other block fillers is prohibited. There will
be no limit on RPM

Exhaust:
All vehicles must be equipped to direct exhaust upward. Two 3/8 inch diameter bolts must be placed
through the exhaust pipe in a cross pattern within one inch of each other as close to the turbo as is
practical.

Fire Extinguisher System:
A fire extinguisher system is permitted. It must be securely mounted.

Firewall:
The complete OEM firewall is mandatory.

Floor:
The complete OEM floor pan is mandatory.

Fuel:
The fuel must be pump #1/#2 diesel only. Soy/Biodiesel fuel is permitted.

Fuel Injection Pump:
The fuel injection pump is limited to a stock-appearing, Dual high-pressure common-rail fuel pumps or
HPOPs are permitted. Ag governors are permitted on P Pump applications

Fuel System:
The OEM fuel tank is mandatory and must be used. Racing fuel cells are prohibited and must be
removed from the vehicle.

Hitch:
The hitch must be a Reese-style hitch; reinforcements are permitted. Trick hitches are prohibited.
The hooking point must be the rear-most point on the vehicle and must be rearward of the stock
location of the tailgate. The hitch must be horizontal to the ground and stationary in all directions.
Bumpers may be notched or removed. The hitchs height from the ground may not exceed 26 inches.
The hooking point must have a minimum 3.00 inch inside diameter opening for the sled hook. The
hooking point will be measured to the center of the clevis loop.

Interior:
A complete interior, including dashboard, door panels, headliner, etc., is mandatory. Two matching
front seats are mandatory. Aftermarket seats are permitted; they must be fully upholstered.

Nitrous Oxide:
Nitrous oxide is prohibited. No other oxygen extenders are allowed. All system components must be
removed from the truck.

Propane:
Propane is prohibited. All system components must be removed from the truck.

Rear End:
Non-OEM rear-end housings are prohibited. The rear end must have been an option on a one-ton or
smaller pick up. Rear axle bolts must be covered by a cap or shield.

Suspension, Front:
The upper mounting point for strut assemblies must be in the factory location. Adjustable
caster/camber pillow ball mounts are permitted. The lower control arm may be strengthened provided
factory-mounting points to chassis are maintained. The lower mounting point for the strut assembly
may be modified for improved caster or camber. Strut tower braces, lower tie bars, sway bars, and
limit straps are permitted. Traction bars and devices are permitted. The final decision rests with the
Scheid Diesel Technical Department.

Suspension, Rear:
An OEM-style suspension is mandatory. Traction bars and devices are permitted; they must be Bolt
on only; welds are permitted for attachment to frame or axle housing. Control arms may be
strengthened or replaced, provided all original mounting points are retained. Strut tower braces, lower
tie bars, sway bars, limit straps, and camber kits are permitted. The rear suspension must maintain a
minimum compression travel of one inch. All rear suspensions must use at least one working shock
absorber per wheel.

Tires:
The tires must be DOT street tires. Cut tires are prohibited.

Tow Vehicles:
Tow vehicles are prohibited.

Transfer Case:
Non-OEM transfer cases are prohibited. It must have been an option on a one-ton or smaller pick up
truck.

Transmission, Automatic:
Non-OEM transmissions are prohibited. Aftermarket torque converters, valve bodies and internal
components are permitted. Transmission brakes are prohibited. Any non-OEM floor-mounted
automatic transmission shifter must be equipped with a spring-loaded positive reverse lockout device
to prevent the shifter from accidentally being put into reverse gear. A functional neutral safety switch
is mandatory. All transmission lines must be metallic or high-pressure-type hose. All vehicles with
engines running 4500 RPM or more and using an automatic transmission must be equipped with a
transmission shield meeting SFI Spec 4.1 and must be labeled accordingly. A blanket-type shield is
permitted; it must be appropriately labeled as meeting SFI Spec 4.1 and it must extend from the rear
of the block to the front of tailhousing with a minimum six inch overlap where it is fastened. All nonblanket-
type shields must incorporate two (or one, per manufacturer’s instructions) 3/4 inch by 1/8
inch straps that bolt to the shield on each side and pass under the transmission pan unless the
transmission pan is labeled as meeting SFI Spec 4.1. All vehicles with engines running 4500 RPM or
more and using an automatic transmission must be equipped with a flex plate meeting SFI Spec 29.1
and be covered by a flex plate shield meeting SFI Spec 30.1.

Transmission, Manual:
Non-OEM transmissions are prohibited. Aftermarket internal components are permitted. A clutch
meeting minimum SFI Spec 1.1 or 1.2 is mandatory on all vehicles with engines running 4500 RPM or
more. All manual transmissions must be clutch assisted. Sequential shifters are prohibited. All
vehicles with engines running 4500 RPM or more and equipped with a manual transmission must
have a flywheel shield labeled as meeting minimum SFI Spec 6.3 or greater. Applications for which
an SFI Spec flywheel shield is not available may use a properly attached SFI 4.1 or 4.2 blanket that
completely covers the bellhousing; it must be attached to the block and extend rearward to the
transmission with a minimum six inch overlap where it is fastened.

Turbocharger:
The vehicle is limited to a single turbocharger; a 2.8 bushing will need to be used if the compressor
wheel exceeds 2.8 If a bushing is used, it must be round, at least 3/4 inch long, mounted within 0.050
inch of the compressor wheel, and the inside diameter of the bushing may not exceed the 2.8 inch
limit. If you have any questions regarding the construction of a bushing, contact Scheid Diesel
Technical Services before the season starts. The inlet will be measured using a 2.85 inch plug. A
stock map width enhancement (MWE) groove is allowed. No MWE groove will be allowed that has a
width greater than 1/4 inch. All provisions allowing air to the wheel other than via the bore and the
MWE groove are prohibited.

Water Injection:
Water injection is allowed.

Wheelbase:
The vehicle must retain the original unaltered factory wheelbase and track width. Front dual-wheel
spacers may be used only with accompanying positive-offset dually-style wheels.
Old 02-08-2009, 09:56 AM   #9 (permalink)
WI Huck
Diesel Expert

What is the deal with the fuel cell rule? How would that be an advantage? I am putting one in the bed of my truck to allow more room for my hitch setup. I am also going to have the normal receiver hitch for pulls like this and the NADM pulls. I have not seen this anywhere else. The only thing I can think of is that they don’t want to see the fuel out in front on the weight rack or something.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:07 AM   #10 (permalink)
IOWA LLY
Diesel Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by WI Huck View Post
Cooling System:
Radiators must be in the stock location and be of at least stock size.

What exactly do they mean by this?

2009 ECI Diesel Truck Points Champion
2010 ECI Diesel Truck Points Champion

Best 1/8th, 7.29, 98.6MPH (Street tires, fuel only)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in