obx outlaw drags april 5th - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Events, Rallies, & Regional Discussion > National
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

National Any event that will draw a national crowd or is expected to draw a very large crowd. Events may be moved at the discretion of the staff to the appropriate regional forum.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2007, 10:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
king d
Diesel Boss

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

NC Dmax's Member

obx outlaw drags april 5th

well the date is all but set in stone,on april the 5th we will be holding the 2nd obx outlaw diesel drags at the outerbanks speedway in creswell north carolina.the track is very excited to have us back and for those who didnt make it last year the track is an all concrete 8th mile track and you will run faster here than you ever have before.track is roughly 18 feet above sea level and about 1hour 15 minutes from the outer banks of north carolina.this year we will have a prostreet class,an index class,a bracket class and a stick heads up class.just like last year gas trucks are welcome to run in the bracket race .i feel the first 5.xx second 8th mile prostreet pass will be made at his event.mark your calenders now.more info in regards to class payouts and sponsors to follow in the next few weeks.....looks like we may have truxk pull this year too...more to come

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2007, 06:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Pville
Diesel Nut

NC Dmax's Member

I'm so gonna make this! April is a long ways away.... can u tell me the differences and rules of the classes?

Current-2007.5 Dodge 2500 MegaCab 6.7

sold-2004.5 LLY dually D/A tuning
towing beast
sold-2005 LLY dually stock
second tower
sold-2003 2500hd cc/sb LB7
short lived
sold- 2006 Dodge 2500
Megacab 6"lift 22"wheels 37"Tires.
sold- Kronik-2002 2500hd cc/sb Duramax LB7
Built from the ground up with all the goodies little boys dream of 860hp/1360trq
Member #1 of NC Dmax's
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2007, 10:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
king d
Diesel Boss

NC Dmax's Member

as of right now we dont have rules set in stone you have any idaes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2007, 09:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Stingpuller
Diesel Apprentice

Buckeye Oil Burners Member

Rules

I say keep things simple. If you can swing it! Bring iit!
  • 2007 c4500 Regency western hauler stock with a mild EFI Live tune 235" Adkins dragster with a duramax diesel. Special thanks to Powerflow Exhaust, Fuelabs, Nytrex Nitrous, Mahle, Isspro, Fleece Performance, and all the others that helped make it happen
Old 11-21-2007, 10:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
king d
Diesel Boss

NC Dmax's Member

the race format will closely follow last years the sled pull rules are to be determined
Old 11-21-2007, 11:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
McRat
Diesel Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by king d View Post
as of right now we dont have rules set in stone you have any idaes
Did they already decide who was going win? Or who the rules will apply to?

Outlaw means no rules. Setting up rules other than safety on it just means you already know who you want to win, and have adjusted accordingly.
2004.5 GMC 3500 SRW LLY "Big Blue" - LLY O/S 1668. 13.12 @ 103.4 Powered by PPE/VA with Mike L./ Suncoast Trans.
2006 GMC 2500HD CC/SB LBZ "Wendy"- LBZ O/S 6128. 12.50 @ 107. EFILive McRat tuning, Mike L trans, Banks RamAir.
Pat and Kat McSwain
Old 11-22-2007, 12:54 AM   #7 (permalink)
Slick
Diesel Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRat View Post
Did they already decide who was going win? Or who the rules will apply to?

Outlaw means no rules. Setting up rules other than safety on it just means you already know who you want to win, and have adjusted accordingly.
What prompts you to post something like this Pat? Has Jess ever done anything negative towards you?

I would think that if you were planning on attending, it might be a better idea to add some suggestions for rules, instead of tearing an event down, that hasn't even happened.
SC IV Trans./Co-Pilot, SC Brace
Rancho 9000 Shocks, Spring Clamps
SDCenterlink/Sleeves, Fabtech Arms
4" Homemade Stack, K&N Intake, Intake Horn Mod
Stewart Warner Pyro/Boost Gauges
285/70/17 BFG ATs on H2s(Winter)
275/70/16 Toyo Proxes STs on Eagle 168s
Old 11-22-2007, 01:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
McRat
Diesel Ninja

The "outlaw" thing is constantly bandied about. Understand that certain folk even threatened to 'beat me up' at Texas for scoffing at use of the word Outlaw. Melodrama at it's finest. Must be a eastern thang. There really aren't cowboys or outlaws in New Jersey from what I've seen.

From what has been posted on the internet, "outlaw" is mearly a way to customize the rules for certain trucks.

It actually trickled down to the DHRA (by eastern demands) and there were no rules enforced at the finals for some trucks, and other trucks had "unpublished" rules used to disqualify them. That's "outlaw" I would imagine.

Don't use the word "outlaw" when what is meant is targeted rules.

What rules should be applied to an "Outlaw" race?

The NHRA handbook. That's it. Specifically, don't use the word Street for trailer queens, no weight restrictions that create a safety hazard for the light trucks, no drug restrictions, no turbo restrictions, no tire restrictions, since none of them are applied equally.

It's unlikely I'll attend the event due to the nearly 6,000 mile trip involved. I don't take a plane to a racetrack, I drive. I've run as far away as Bowling Green, so you never know.

But it's unlikely I will attend another event unless there is a written set of rules that will be enforced, and no special rules at all; published or unpublished; that are created half way through staging by guys in McDonalds outfits.

It's time to move diesel racing up to the professional framework, like the SCCA, AMA and other sportsman racing venues, and drop the WWF horseshiit.

At least unless you expect racers to travel thousands of miles just to find out what the rules are while they are staging.

The barb is not aimed directly at Jess, but the whole "rules are for fools" clan, who want to win by restricting the opposition.
2004.5 GMC 3500 SRW LLY "Big Blue" - LLY O/S 1668. 13.12 @ 103.4 Powered by PPE/VA with Mike L./ Suncoast Trans.
2006 GMC 2500HD CC/SB LBZ "Wendy"- LBZ O/S 6128. 12.50 @ 107. EFILive McRat tuning, Mike L trans, Banks RamAir.
Pat and Kat McSwain

Last edited by McRat; 11-22-2007 at 01:03 PM.
Old 11-22-2007, 01:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
GMC-2002-Dmax
Diesel Guru

How far is the track from Statesville, NC,

My family has a house there and I can stay in Statesville that week/weekend.

TNY
Old 11-22-2007, 06:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
king d
Diesel Boss

NC Dmax's Member

tony statteville is over 3-4 hours away.i do hope you can come.

mcrat i believe a few threads were merged .i beleivethe rules question was about the sled pull which will be new this year.the drag race will follw a similar format as last year, a heads up class,a bracket class and we will tryto have a heads up stick class and also an index class for this year..let me know what i can do to get you here,your presence will make more come ....jess

one last thing last year the only rule we had was weigh at least 4000 lbs and meet the saftey needed to run your times

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in