Diesel Place banner

ATT. everyone from adams/springfield TN..

6K views 78 replies 9 participants last post by  wideopen 
#1 ·
i heard a rumor today that the truck/tractor pulls was comin up soon at the robertson county fair grounds....this true?

#6 ·
yeah, the sponsors are hounding me pretty bad to be there.

i also just heard (tonight) theres a pull next weekend up there as well. memorial weekend. some kinda charity pull?? trucks and tractors both. you know anything of it? a buddy told me there were fliars up at square deal market about it...

#8 ·
If you're pullin' in Springfield, get there as early as you can. I've had A LOT of people say they are hookin' and if it's as many as last year at the fair they might stop registering after a certain # of trucks. I hope not, but still. 6200lb class has the most potential for a diesel to walk away w/ $$$. 7200lb has the most diesel competition. Still a don't have the DMAX # of pullers like the other brands so come on if you can. June 22 is the street pull. June 23 is the sanctioned "big" pull...SS tractors & 4x4 trucks.

#9 ·
what are the rules and weight classes on the pull on the 22nd?

#10 ·
02 Durabeast;1800741; said:
what are the rules and weight classes on the pull on the 22nd?
6200,7200,8200,10200 # classes then a modified class in which the winner will be invited to pull on the 23rd in a pro stock class...at least they have in the past.

Rules that I know of
  • 24" hitch height
  • at least an inch or rear susp. travel
  • no nitro or water-meth injection
  • no one has been kicked out for hanging weight yet, just make damn sure you do secure weight so you don't F it up for everyone else!
  • strapping the centerlink is allowed
  • must have drivers license, proof of insurance and registration (you'd be surprised how many folks don't bring that stuff)
Not sure about belt driven fuel pumps , but FASS pumps or the like should be OK. The untrained Rob. Co. Fair official may mistake a belt driven device as a supercharger...yes, even on a turbo diesel.

I'll update if I hear any different.

#11 ·
I called the fair board...they're changing net servers so the site is all frigged up. Updates to come today whenever one of the guys who knows about the pull calls me.

#13 · (Edited)
http://www.robertsoncountyfair.com/Index_files/page0001.html

Here's the rules. Looks like no hangin' weight is the big change to the rules. I guess the one guy who shows up in the white mid-70's Chevy with a 45lb barbell weight bolted to the front bumper is in for a surprise!

Any of ya'll going to Chapel Hill, Tn in July?

#14 ·
no suspension modifications...wtf

surely they wont care if we lower the front down. what happened to the 1 inch of rear susp travel? i'll be pissed if i cant pull with adjustable bumpstops..:mad:

what have ya got for a hitch?

#15 ·
Surly they'll let you drop the front end . It'd be crazy not to drop the front on these trucks.

I should be there but I want to see what they say about the front end before I sign up.

#16 ·
The way I see it these trucks come "nose dived" anyhow and who are they to say you don't run your truck like that all the time. I really doubt they'll say anything about lowering the front end. Bumpstops on the other hand, they are easy enough to bolt in after inspection. Don't think I won't be using them. I'm checking on the hitch later today.

#17 ·
Chapel hill may be a go if I have a good enough time next fri. What about the hitches? Did you find out what size the T-B nuts were

#18 ·
JD4440;1827475; said:
Chapel hill may be a go if I have a good enough time next fri. What about the hitches? Did you find out what size the T-B nuts were
Nuts for use as spacers for torsion bar bolts - 10 x 1.5

Everyone that is coming needs to go get 8 of them from the hardware store to use as spacers as mentioned above. Measure the exposed threads on the t-bar bolts - use however many nuts to "washer it up" - grind off what you don't need of that last nut - there is no guess work - crank up the front end to drive home. I'm gonna bring a grinder if ya'll need one to use for this. Myojunk, this is what Tony Burkhart was donig when he cranked his truck up to go back to MI.

No word on the hitch yet.

#19 ·
wideopen;1826554; said:
I want to see what they say about the front end before I sign up.
Dude, don't even ask...just do it. "Outta site, outta mind!" If they don't say anything about that d*mn goat that stages up like a SS tractor using water/meth and a turbo as big around as a basketball (and pull in a 6200# gas/diesel class) then they ain't gonna say chit about a factory stance of a GM truck.

#20 ·
shep;1827530; said:
Dude, don't even ask...just do it. "Outta site, outta mind!" If they don't say anything about that d*mn goat that stages up like a SS tractor using water/meth and a turbo as big around as a basketball (and pull in a 6200# gas/diesel class) then they ain't gonna say chit about a factory stance of a GM truck.
Sounds like some good comp. there then...

#22 ·
wideopen;1827778; said:
See that sucks I wish they had a Turbo check
...maybe it doesn't have to suck. If I mention it, then you mention it, myjunk and JD4440 say something about it, 8100 power brings it to their attention (hint)...we may get something accomplished with a turbo check.

#23 ·
Just talked to Brad @ Underwood Tire in Dickson, Tn. $200 for a custom made pulling hitch. Any takers? I'm thinking it might be worth it...I've seen TSC hitches come apart before. :eek:

#24 ·
If you want I can show you pics of the one that I had made. It is adjustable and should not break. Ever.

#25 ·
02 Durabeast;1828829; said:
If you want I can show you pics of the one that I had made. It is adjustable and should not break. Ever.
Post it. Are you coming up next week?

#26 · (Edited)
shep;1827511; said:
Nuts for use as spacers for torsion bar bolts - 10 x 1.5

Everyone that is coming needs to go get 8 of them from the hardware store to use as spacers as mentioned above. Measure the exposed threads on the t-bar bolts - use however many nuts to "washer it up" - grind off what you don't need of that last nut - there is no guess work - crank up the front end to drive home. I'm gonna bring a grinder if ya'll need one to use for this. Myojunk, this is what Tony Burkhart was donig when he cranked his truck up to go back to MI.

No word on the hitch yet.
FWIW, i put my stock keys back in the other day. if i max them out, i get the ride height im looking for (although it rides like junk). i completely removed the t-bar bolts to lower it down for pullin. i made 3 hooks memorial day and it worked out pretty good. i use flat washers to space the t-bar bolt and to effectivly "remember" my alignment. yeah, that was he was doin.

8100 Power;1827609; said:
Sounds like some good comp. there then...
there will be several trucks up there, you might as well come on!

shep;1828696; said:
Just talked to Brad @ Underwood Tire in Dickson, Tn. $200 for a custom made pulling hitch. Any takers? I'm thinking it might be worth it...I've seen TSC hitches come apart before. :eek:
i got a pintle loop from TSC that slides into the reciever. it does NOT raise the height any though. i doubt it will break, but i got something else in the works..;) pics to come!

02 Durabeast;1828829; said:
yes, please post em up. leadfoot showed his off too. also, if you plan on commin I wont raise no hell about bigger turbos...as long as a GM wins!!:D

shep;1828868; said:
Post it. Are you coming up next week?
:iamwithst

sneek peek

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.