Diesel Place banner

Who is here from Maryland area?

18K views 158 replies 58 participants last post by  Cobra#3747 
#1 ·
Just wondering. I'll actually be home for a bit it looks like, thought maybe we could get a few people together one night or something.

#77 ·
Thank You Rescue 1 your rig looks sharp to

#78 ·
mako159, Nice truck, I think I've seen you before. I'm up next to Vinces Auto Parts.

#81 ·
SJRALEY;1470895; said:
Southern Maryland here, St Marys County
hello from your neighbor in Calvert county.

#82 ·
cool lookin half scale you have there big truck

#83 ·
I am here in small, but beautiful Kent Co

#87 ·
WOW..alot more than i thought from MD. i worked at the allison plant when being built and after. place is cleaner than a doctors office. i actually got a certificate from a gen manager i did some work for. took it right to koons and used it.

#92 ·
GreenDuramax04;1488801; said:
Dunkirk here. In good old Calvert County.
I have a good friend that lives in Huntingtown. He refers to Calvert as "The Good County". I keep teasing him that may have been true 6-8 years ago, but with all of the growth in Prince Frederick, "The Good County" has all of the traits of the DC Metro area.:rolleyes:

#94 ·
Silvrmax, I did the tranny myself. It was fun, need basic tools, snap ring pliers etc. Have to come up with a rig for the c1/2 compression trick. As for EFI, it is simply amazing. I think it will take me years to master this. I have been playing around with it, using some tunes from the repository, and Trips tow tune. It definetly has the best potential to make the most power and the greatest driveability. In the hands of an experienced tuner it must be amazing! Cant wait till Cecil opens!

#95 ·
btharbold;1488462; said:
Checking in from Port Deposit, MD. Just 15 minutes from CC drag strip. Duramax meet at the track would be fun one Wed or Fri night next season! More folks around here than I thought.
Hey guy's.........I'm at Cecil at least a couple times a month. Live 10 min. from the track.

It would be nice to meet you all sometime!!:D Let me know when you will be there......................that is as long as you didn't mind getting beat by a Ford!:eek: :D

#98 ·
LOL damn wanting to beat on us slow dmaxs thought I saw you turning off 213 going down 40 a few weeks back

#99 ·
NEED A FAVOR

If anyone has a OBS style truck like mine with the HVAC controls the same as the ones in the attached picture, I need a favor.

My vent/floor/defrost vents have been acting funny and I want to see if the motor is flaking out or if the control panel is flaking out. I'd like to see if someone would meet up with me and let me pull their controls out and try them in mine to check.

For your inconvienance I can either throw some cash/beer/food or whatever at ya, or I can good ahead and install a high idle switch for you, since the dash panel will be off anyway. I have the wiring/switch/cpu harness pins needed to do this.

PM me if you can help. Thx

#100 ·
If you want to drive down to DC I would consider a high idle switch in trade for the temporary use of my a/c controls. I live about 30 mi West of DC. Might not be worth the drive though. I would meet you but I'm in the middle of a kitchen re-model job right now and I have been loading the truck up for daily runs to the dump.

#101 ·
yeah, I could drive down there. All I do is drive for work, so distance generally isnt a problem.

And yeah, it would probably help if I attached the picture.....so everyone knows what i got.....

I'll give it a couple days to what if anyone closer can assist, if not we'll work something out.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.