Diesel Place banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

first drag race

612 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  epb091786 
#1 ·
I went to my first ever drag race on sat. the 22nd, at idalou tx. I thought about entering just to see what my times would be but did not. thought it might be a good idea to at least watch once before i tried it. Anyway, saw a new body style GT mustang lining up and was thrilled to see a diesel pu next to it. Even though it wasnt a duramax and just a dodge dually, I was still excited to see the race. Now I assume the GT was stock and the p/u was slightly modified.

As they were lining up I told my father in law that the dodge was fixing to kill the mustang. He is a die hard Ford fan, and told me that I was crazy, out of my mind, and that the mustang would beat the dodge in a big way. Even put a little money on it.

Race starts and the mustang got him on the hole shot, but when the black smoke rolled and the turbo wound up, it was all dodge. Beat him by about 2 seconds or so. The dodge ran a 15.1?? and i think the mustang was about a mid 17.

I know from reading different post and what not on here that this is not an "unbeleivable" time, but it still made for a good race and we all had a great time.

Cant wait to go back and see if I can show em what a duramax can do.

:grd: :cool2:

See less See more
#3 ·
:lol:

another sports car bites the dust of a diesel truck!! I love it...

my first time at the track lots of cars got the same feeling, all captured on video!

http://myslu.stlawu.edu/~bntyle05/dmax video2lowsound.wmv

the only car that beat me was another Duramax, his forum name is "DuramaxDiesel" :lol:

id much rather lose to a fellow truck any day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.