Diesel Place banner

Injector Saga Continues

7K views 42 replies 17 participants last post by  Cobra#3747 
#1 ·
Just picked up my truck from having new (rem) injectors installed at 105,380 miles.
GM has been slow to respond on any assistance on the $4283.48 bill.
Some added "Need to Know" information is that their replacement injectors no longer carry the lifetime warranty. They now have 12 month/12,000 miles.
Sometimes it pays to have an older truck.
Can anyone help with any ammunition to use in my quest of pursuing help for my 03 LB7 ?
Thanks in Advance
Dan

#30 ·
Cobra#3747, I really hope you are right. That does make me feel a bit better too. I guess it stands to reason as to why that tsb was yanked. I'll keep my fingers crossed;)

#33 ·
Many phone calls and changing customer service reps.
Dealership was much quicker to respond than GM.
My only regret is I should have stood my ground, and not taken their first offer. After we agreed to 1/3 each, and the dealer getting their check to me, and the first rep forgetting me, I changed reps and made the comment that I truly thought this should be fully covered, She said since I had already accepted this, she could not negotiate any further.
All in all, I am satisfied, and was assured that if there is another TSB that does cover the 03's, I will be reimbursed the balance.

#36 ·
Many phone calls and changing customer service reps.
Dealership was much quicker to respond than GM.
My only regret is I should have stood my ground, and not taken their first offer. After we agreed to 1/3 each, and the dealer getting their check to me, and the first rep forgetting me, I changed reps and made the comment that I truly thought this should be fully covered, She said since I had already accepted this, she could not negotiate any further.
All in all, I am satisfied, and was assured that if there is another TSB that does cover the 03's, I will be reimbursed the balance.
Well I guess I didn't have to argue, they replaced all 8 for me yesterday with 99984 on it. Real lucky. I looked at the bill for the warranty and it only showed about $2500.00. I made sure that all 8 were replaced and it does show that in the bill. Got me but there goes a big weight off my shoulders. Now it is time to play :exactly:

#34 ·
Something is definately better than nothing. Just getting my arguments ready as I am pretty confident I will need to argue as well. 200 miles to go before I say good bye to the warranty.

#37 ·
they are pulling mine apart again today. i had coolant leaking in on two cylinders. if they had just replaced all the injector cups in the first place they would not be pullin it apart again. if i could just get them to replace the fprv things would be great.

#39 ·
they are pulling mine apart again today. i had coolant leaking in on two cylinders. if they had just replaced all the injector cups in the first place they would not be pullin it apart again. if i could just get them to replace the fprv things would be great.

Why would they pull the injector cups? If they dont come out with the injector, not supposed to do anything with them.

#38 ·
What is the part number for the cups? I am wondering if they replaced mine

#40 ·
got it back today, but they still did not replace the fprv. they charged me 727.00 for the waterpump. when they pull the injectors out sometimes it will cause a cup to become compromised ; that is what i was told by the tech. in my case it was two of them. i did not get the paperwork because they did not get the closing bill from hertz on the rental they gave me. i missed my truck, they gave me an 06 4x4 and it was gutless. so i guess its back to the dealer next week for the fprv.

#42 ·
You are covered to 100K on the 04, so I would have them check balance rates on the remaining seven and hope they go ahead and change all for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.