- The text and images (collectively, "the material") contained in this and all other related web pages of Diesel Place are protected by Copyright © 2003-2011 by Diesel Place. Except as allowed by law for the purposes of fair use, the materials appearing on Diesel Place may not be copied or reproduced in any form whatsoever without the prior authorization and consent of Diesel Place. Any unauthorized copying or reproduction of the material appearing on Diesel Place is a violation of Federal and International copyright laws. Under the Fair Use doctrine, members may print or produce a single copy of any of this material for their own individual use, so long as all copyright notices, web URL links and author credits remain intact. Any commercial use, reproduction, or posting of this material to another web site or to another internet forum in whole or in part, without the prior authorization or consent of Diesel Place is prohibited. When you register you are required to give a small amount of information, much of which is optional, anything you do give must be considered as becoming public information.
- You are welcome to post original material to Diesel Place, however you are not authorized to post or reproduce material to which the copyright is held by another unless you have their express permission to do so. Diesel Place respects the rights (including the intellectual property rights) of others, and we ask our users to do the same. Diesel Place may, in appropriate circumstances and in its sole discretion, terminate the accounts of members who infringe or otherwise violate such rights of others.
- The opinions expressed here are those of the individuals expressing them and do not reflect the attitudes, views, impressions or beliefs of Diesel Place, its owners, or representatives. Diesel Place provides this electronic bulletin board free for the benefit, use, and enjoyment of our members and readers. While it is our hope that users of this site will conduct themselves scrupulously and with the highest regard for honesty, Diesel Place cannot vouch for or verify the truthfulness or accuracy of any of the information or representations posted by members and users of this site. Diesel Place is not responsible for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality or decency of information contained in the materials posted here. Readers are urged to verify independently the accuracy of any representations made here before relying on such information for any purpose. Diesel Place is neither responsible nor liable for any adverse consequences that may befall any member or reader whose reliance upon information displayed on these electronic pages causes them emotional, economic, or material damage.
- Members and readers are cautioned that though experience has shown most who participate in similar sites catering to the interests of enthusiasts do so with the best intentions and observe the rules of common courtesy, there are those few who, for whatever reason, engage in deliberately provocative, aggravating, or deceitful conduct with the intent to cause mischief. Diesel Place reserves the right in its sole discretion to close any forum topic thread and suspend the posting rights of any member or other user when, in its judgment, that member or user engages in conduct on the board that appears to be intended for the sole purpose of broadcasting personal invective against Diesel Place, its moderators, members, and users, with no apparent redeeming purpose or objective.
- Users are only permitted to have one username on the site. Any individual attempting to login using multiple usernames, or providing fraudulent information for the purpose of deception may be banned from the site. Additionally, any individual attempting to discredit or attack the moderators, members, or Diesel Place itself may be banned.
- If you have been previously banned from the site you are prohibited by law from viewing any portion of this site. You are also prohibited from registering again under your name or anyone else's.
- Pornography is not permitted. The standard is what would typically be seen on prime time network TV (NBC, CBS, ABC, or Fox) in the US. If you wouldn't typically see something on these channels during prime time, then it's not allowed on this site. This means all subjects must be clothed. Members and other users who cannot abide these rules can take their disagreements outside the public areas of Diesel Place either through private messaging, email, or telephone.
- Images/marquees in member signatures are not permitted.
- You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless this forum and their agents with respect to any claim based upon any post you may make. We also reserve the right to reveal whatever information we know about you in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by yourself.
- No excessive cheerleading, factionalism, or fighting permitted. If members make more than one negative comment in a thread we ask that you refrain from additional commenting. The additional negative comments will not constructively contribute to the thread in question.
- Vendors are only allowed to post in another vendor's thread, or a thread specifically started to discuss another vendor's product, when the post does not represent a conflict of interest. Conflicts of interest are determined by the staff on a case-by-case basis. In addition, at the staff's discretion, a post may be removed for conflict of interest based on the posting history of the involved vendors. The staff tries to maintain an understanding of the relationship of vendors both on and off line and will use this knowledge to remove any posts we deem to be a conflict of interest.
- No vendor is permitted to attack or excessively critique the efforts, ideas, theories, or products of other vendors. Vendors are required to maintain a level of professionalism on the board exceeding that required by our normal members. You are representatives of both your company and this board so please keep this in mind when posting. Vendors are afforded no additional privileges on the board and are required to comply with all of the site's general rules.
- With the exception of Supporting Vendors and the occasional non-needed item in the classified section, selling product for profit is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Failing to contact the site administrator prior to offer items for sale (other than the two conditions stated above) may result in immediate banning from Diesel Place. This forum is operated free of charge for the members. All we ask is that you do NOT TAKE ADVANTAGE of the forum and use it for free advertising.
- If you are a vendor (or have any ties to a vendor) and are NOT a supporting vendor of Diesel Place, you are prohibited from advertising your company's products and/or services on the forum. This includes usernames, links, posts, signatures, avatars, private messaging other members, etc. Anyone found violating this is subject to discipline, up to and perhaps including banning from DieselPlace.
- Signatures/usernames/avatars must be family safe; they are always visible to guests and many of our members view this board at the office or with family. For members who prefer not to view signatures, there is an option to turn them off in the User CP. No vulgarity or nudity in signatures, avatars, or garages. Animated avatars are not allowed. With the exception of board approved smilies no other images are allowed in signatures. Any and all comments and pictures posted by a user in their profile or garage must be of a positive nature. Negative images, depictions, or comments are not acceptable. Images and comments may be removed at the staff’s discretion for any or no reason.
- Diesel Place reserves the right at any time to make any and all changes to the appearance and operation of Diesel Place that it deems appropriate, including opening or closing forums, adding or deleting functions, and even closing the entire forum.
- Limited clickable hyperlinks to competing sites are allowed in technical forums. A competing site is any non-sister diesel site. Posting a clickable or non-clickable site name or web address is okay for informational (technical) purposes in technical forums only. Any information regarding another site may be removed if posted with malicious intent. Any links to competing sites in a non-technical forum are not allowed and will be deleted without notification.
Clickable or non-clickable hyperlinks to competing sites with the intent to circumvent Diesel Place site rules regarding advertising, selling, cheerleading, recruiting, or any other current site rules are not allowed and will be deleted without notification. While we want to encourage technical discussion and interchange of appropriate information, we reserve the right to enforce site rules when it comes to off-site links.
- Classified ad listings (such as Craig’s List) - allowed, though not in the market place as a primary ad
- Auction listings (such as eBay) - allowed, though not in the market place as a primary ad
- Individual listings are OK
- eBay store listings are NOT OK
- Clickable NSV links are not allowed. However, non-clickable URL's and business names are allowed. For example, dieselplace.com is not allowed. But dieselplace.com and Dieselplace are both OK. However, any non-clickable links or business names posted with the intent to circumvent Diesel Place site rules regarding advertising, selling, cheerleading, recruiting, or any other current site rules are not allowed and will be deleted without notification.
- Clickable links to completely non-automotive topics (such as dog collars or ceiling fans) are allowed.
- Signatures: Clickable or non-clickable links to competing sites or non-supporting vendors are not allowed in signatures. “Thanks to” lines are OK with business names only… but not the URL. Any information regarding another site may be removed if posted with malicious intent. Any links with the intent to circumvent Diesel Place site rules regarding advertising, selling, cheerleading, recruiting, or any other current site rules are not allowed and will be deleted without notification.
- Certain forum areas require a specified post count and length of membership. This gives new users time to familiarize themselves with the forum, to build a reputation and to minimize members obtaining services, while contributing nothing else to the forum.
Our forum software enforces this rule automatically and the staff is not able to make exceptions. Senseless posting anywhere on the forum to increase your post count is cause for permanent banning from the Forum or applicable sections.
A little useful participation in the technical forums will quickly gain you the ability to post in these areas.