'06 interior color code 692 - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Lounge (0) Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Speciality Forums > Interior
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2006, 12:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
Vortec62
Diesel Fanatic

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

'06 interior color code 692

I'm having trouble deciphering paint codes and getting the correct color paint for my pillar gauge mount. My interior color is Dark Charcoal (692). One of the threads I read mentioned looking in the fuse panel area for color codes. I didn't find anything there but on the back of the fuse panel there are many p/n's cast into the plastic along with color names. (I guess they use the same mold for all colors). The '06 colors listed are, among others, dark pewter and very dark pewter...but no dark charcoal. The similar panel on the right side of the dash has the same names cast into it. My local parts store has the SEM color coat paint. The graphite #15303 seems to be a close match. SEM's website also has a med dark pewter #17163 and a very dark pewter #17223 listed for their classic coat line. Does anyone know what GM interior color code 692 matches up to. I'm puzzled because it is called dark charcoal by GM on the build sheet but seems to go by another name according to what is listed on the fuse cover...I'm just not sure which one I have.

PS...what is the trick for removing the OEM a-pillar from the truck?

1993 Williams Indiana Jones Pinball Adventure
1988 FJ62 w/2000 5.3L/4L60E
cubic $ toys!
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2006, 06:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
WorkTruck
Diesel Technician

The 69 is the color code; 692, or 69C, 69V, etc just denotes trim level.

Color Code 69 is Dark Charcoal (Chevrolet) and Dark Pewter (GMC), and as far as I know, they are the same color. I have had this problem before matching a 92 with Blue interior. Sure wish they made it easier to figure out. Maybe you can go to the dealership body shop and talk with one of those guys; surely they have had to re-dye and interior peice or two along the way.

I've got some big news, the bank finally came through; and I'm holding the keys to a brand new Chevrolet
Have you been outside?, it sure is a nice night; how 'bout a little test drive?, down by the lake
There's a place I know about, where the dirt road runs out; and we can try out the four wheel drive
Come on now, what do you say? Girl, I can hardly wait, to get a little mud on the tires....
-Brad Paisley
Offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2006, 10:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
DURAtotheMAX
Diesel Laureate

the dark gray interior is code 642H

get the SEM Classic Coat thats matched to 642H. I used it and its the best off-the-shelf match ive found so far...

big thanks to...Eric @ Merchant Auto, Mike @ Inglewood Transmission, Guy @ SoCal Diesel, IdahoRob, Tim @ St. Joseph Diesel, RickDLance, McRat/team salad, BigDipper, Nathan @ MPI, Bobo/team twisted, Fingers, Tony @ RidgeRunner Diesel, EFILive
Old 03-01-2006, 03:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Vortec62
Diesel Fanatic

I looked on my glove box sticker and it has 692 but not 642H. Dark Charcoal (Chevrolet) and Dark Pewter (GMC) are apparently the same color. Are you refering to these same colors with Dark Gray?

I took my fuse cover into the store and selected SEM color coat graphite by eye (under flourecent light). From the color cards on SEM's website the classic coat very dark pewter seems to be a little darker and probably a better match. It is also the one matched up to 642H.

I'm going back to the store after work to see if they carry the classic coat line...I didn't see any there yesterday. Hopefully they can get me a can of the classic coat since I already bought all the SEM cleaners/primers/prepers/promoters...and eventually paint.

SEM also has an interesting PDF on their site about repairing plastic parts and texturing them with some of their other products. I was thinking about grafting the gauge mount section of the AutoMeter pillar on to the OEM pillar and texturing/painting to match...Probably end up looking bad but I might try it. Need to find out what an OEM pillar costs first...also need to figure out how to remove it from the truck.

1993 Williams Indiana Jones Pinball Adventure
1988 FJ62 w/2000 5.3L/4L60E
cubic $ toys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread