help with gauges - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Lounge (0) Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Speciality Forums > Interior
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2013, 12:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
1TFROT
Diesel Technician

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

help with gauges

need some help with a situation with my gauges. the OE gauges went out (like many do) and it was the fuel and volt gauge going out. they started reading really high and found out that is typical for many silvys.

got them replaced through a reputable place and they worked perfect for about a year. called them after the gauges started acting funny and they sent me some new ones again. the second set worked perfect for about six months so they replaced them again and now the current set is doing the same thing

anyone have an idea what's going on? can't believe the same 2 gauges quit working every time. is there a chance this company is using the wrong stepper motor replacements? how do I check that if so?

another issue with the truck?

I do have a 52 gallon titan tank so I'm not sure if the wiring got messed up putting that in.

here's where it came from http://primepower.webs.com/

any help is appreciated. thanks

*edit- after going back and reading the site a little more thoroughly, it appears they use OE parts again? is that my problem?

'02 D-max-SOLD
EFI by Fleece Performance Engineering
SC III by Fleece Performance Engineering
4" MBRP

'00 zr2 s10
LQ4 6.0, 1 tons, 42s, full hydro, blah blah blah

Last edited by 1TFROT; 01-06-2013 at 12:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2013, 11:46 AM   #2 (permalink)
1TFROT
Diesel Technician

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

nothing? really?

'02 D-max-SOLD
EFI by Fleece Performance Engineering
SC III by Fleece Performance Engineering
4" MBRP

'00 zr2 s10
LQ4 6.0, 1 tons, 42s, full hydro, blah blah blah
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links