Subtle NBS LTZ Interior Upgrades - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Lounge (3) Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Speciality Forums > Interior
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2012, 03:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
tjZ06
Diesel Technician

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Subtle NBS LTZ Interior Upgrades

While doing a stereo upgrade in my ’11 LTZ we decided to do some subtle, tasteful mods to the interior. I’m happy to post more details on the system but this isn't the stereo forum, basically it’s an Alpine INE-N928HD head unit and all Hertz Audio speakers/subs and amps. I listen to rock, metal, country and a tiny bit of rap so this isn’t meant to be a block-rocking-license-plate-rattling system. More of a very clean, very precise system with plenty of low-end.

Anyway, on the interior front I wanted to get rid of the GM fake-wood. I had planned on just using the ‘12+ pieces with the same sort of matte silver finish as my current vent surrounds. I thought about a carbon wrap since I’ve seen some that look very nice but I thought that was just too “racey” (or is it ricey) for a 8k lbs tow rig. We settled on a brushed aluminum wrap to cover all the pieces (including the current silver ones). Yes, it’s just as “fake” as the current wood but we’re trying to go for a very subtle, “tough” look that most people wouldn’t even figure wasn’t stock. I also never really liked the light-colored pillars and headliner. I know GM did that to make the cab feel more open and airy, and I’m sure a lot of people prefer it that way. Myself, I like the look inside rides like my buddy’s M5 that has suede on the pillars and headliner. So we’re doing black suede on the headliner and all pillars. To tie that look together we’re doing some suede around the cabin, particularly some inserts on the door panels. Of course we’re also doing a ton of sound deadening.

Again, our goal is a very subtle, classy yet tough interior. I’d be very happy if most people just assumed it was stock, but were really impressed with how GM had stepped up their interior game. I don’t want it to come across like a Pimp-My-Ride clown show inside. Some pics:

All of the trim out to get wrapped:

Interior all apart:

Suede work begins (note that the pillar pieces were material testing, final install will be cleaner around the seat-belt openings):

Beginning the under-seat box for two Hertz 10”s using Hertz’s specs:

The head unit (anybody want to buy my factory Nav HU):

It’s a 8” screen that is actually larger than the factory double-din opening so it has a custom trim ring:

Installed it will look like this:

But my trim ring will be wrapped to match or maybe suede… haven’t made the final call there.

-TJ

The Truck: 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD - LML/Allison - LTZ Plus - Z71 4x4 - Cognito Stage 5 "Platinum" UCA Leveling Kit - Toyo M/Ts on 18x9" - H&S Black Maxx (w/ pyro) - AFE full delete Downpipe and 5" (w/ Muffler) - Banks CAI - LineX Ultra

The Rails:
2009 SCU Pro Bro - 700HP Dry Sump LS7 - PBS Sequential
2007 Extreme Double Throw Down - 700HP Twin Turbo LS1 - Mendi S4S Sequential

To haul it around: 2006 Weekend Warrior LE 3505+2'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2012, 01:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
09BLKLMM
Diesel Head

sweet....post up finished pics....were did u get that 8 in stereo trim ring?
BANKS BOOST TUBE
BOOST AND PYRO AUTOMETER GUAGES
4 IN. MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST
TRANSGO JR.

SOCAL DIESEL TRUCKS
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2012, 02:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
tjZ06
Diesel Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09BLKLMM View Post
sweet....post up finished pics....were did u get that 8 in stereo trim ring?
Thanks, I'll definitely keep posting pics in progress and when it's all done. The 8" trim is the Alpine Perfect Fit piece.

-TJ

The Truck: 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD - LML/Allison - LTZ Plus - Z71 4x4 - Cognito Stage 5 "Platinum" UCA Leveling Kit - Toyo M/Ts on 18x9" - H&S Black Maxx (w/ pyro) - AFE full delete Downpipe and 5" (w/ Muffler) - Banks CAI - LineX Ultra

The Rails:

Old 11-25-2012, 05:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
jdugie123
Diesel Master

Send a message via AIM to jdugie123 Send a message via Yahoo to jdugie123

Lone Star Diesels Member

Wish I could get one of those is everything plug and play like they advertise

Traded In
: 04.5 D/A MBRP 4" cool duals with muffler delete, volant air intake, EFI Live,raptor 100gph, suncoast level IV, ATS copilot, nicktane fuel filter, 6" RCD, 37" Super Swamper M16s , 4.56 gears, bushwacker cutout fender flares, wet okolie set covers, MTX subs with a sony amp, full replacement front with 9.5K warn winch built in and rear replacement bumpers, B&W turnover ball both gooseneck and bumper hitch
Old 11-25-2012, 06:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
jdugie123
Diesel Master

Send a message via AIM to jdugie123 Send a message via Yahoo to jdugie123

Lone Star Diesels Member

Does you factory play DVD or is it just Nav ?

Traded In
: 04.5 D/A MBRP 4" cool duals with muffler delete, volant air intake, EFI Live,raptor 100gph, suncoast level IV, ATS copilot, nicktane fuel filter, 6" RCD, 37" Super Swamper M16s , 4.56 gears, bushwacker cutout fender flares, wet okolie set covers, MTX subs with a sony amp, full replacement front with 9.5K warn winch built in and rear replacement bumpers, B&W turnover ball both gooseneck and bumper hitch
Old 11-25-2012, 07:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
tjZ06
Diesel Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdugie123 View Post
Wish I could get one of those is everything plug and play like they advertise
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdugie123 View Post
Does you factory play DVD or is it just Nav ?
Not sure if it's all plug 'n play or not yet, haven't gotten to that stage of the install. The factory is just Nav, it doesn't play DVDs.

-TJ

The Rails:

Old 11-25-2012, 10:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
HotRod68Camaro
Diesel Fanatic

I like your style, gonna follow this one.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
tjZ06
Diesel Technician

Thanks, I can't wait to have updates for you!

-TJ

The Rails:

Old 11-26-2012, 01:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
tjZ06
Diesel Technician

Headliner nearly done:

One of the subs:

Amps:

One of the Coaxials:

-TJ

The Rails:

Old 11-26-2012, 01:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
HotRod68Camaro
Diesel Fanatic

That headliner looks great, now im going to have to find someone local to do mine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.