Diesel Place banner

adding factory power windows and locks

LMM: 
3K views 20 replies 6 participants last post by  sfcjones 
#1 ·
well,im in the middle of doing this to a 2008 ext cab 3500 diesel ,im using gm factory parts,so far so good,the hardest part is im using a 2008 1/2 ton gas dash harness [ used a gm service manual and added the 6 extra wires],but you need everything,dash wiring-door wiring,door panels-door switchs,power regulaters,,ive also added factory
1.navigation radio
2.power locks
3.bluetooth
4.trailer brake controller
5.digital a/c heater controls
6.fog lights
7.back-up sensors
8.remote start
9.lighted sunvisors
10.homelink/garage door opener
11.2012 grille and bumper
12.cadillac/corvette remote fobs

everything works great,the hard thing is tearing apart a truck[seats ,carpeting,headliner,dash,hvac system,bed],,the only thing left is a rear power slider[i dont know if i really want one]

See less See more
#2 ·
The problem with the rear power slider is it dosen't have the defroster in it - something people living in the north need.

#5 · (Edited)
yep,sure did,,you only need a few parts
1.chassis harness[from under-hood fuse box to rear bumper]
2.trailer brake control unit
3.trailer brake control relay
4.abs control module
5.master cyl w/right side pressure sensor
6.short dash switch to master cyl harness
7.trailer brake control switch
8.BCM reflash
9.lower dash knee panel w/hole for trailer brake switch

o'ya you need a few hours labor to do this too

and drill a 1 5/8'' or 42 mm hole in firewall

#6 ·
yep,sure did,,you only need a few parts
1.chassis harness[from under-hood fuse box to rear bumper]
2.trailer brake control unit
3.trailer brake control relay
4.abs control module
5.master cyl w/right side pressure sensor
6.short dash switch to master cyl harness
7.trailer brake control switch
8.BCM reflash
9.lower dash knee panel w/hole for trailer brake switch

o'ya you need a few hours labor to do this too

and drill a 1 5/8'' or 42 mm hole in firewall
Very cool. Can you give me an idea of ~ cost? This is something I have wanted to do but always figured the cost was way to high.

#8 ·
is it a secret:confused: please share. I would love power options, and so would my wife :D

#10 ·
yeah, a donor slipped through my hands a couple times...thank you

#12 ·
How did you add bluetooth? I would like to have that

#13 ·
sorry,but as far as i can figure out bluetooth can only work on a 07.5-10 trucks[i havent looked at the wiring on 11-13 trucks],you could try to ck the wiring plugs on the ''onstar'' module,i thought the 2nd/3rd gen onstar boxes on 06-07 trucks are digital too

#14 ·
I want to add it to my 07 Tahoe....

#15 ·
now that can be done,google ''adding factory bluetooth to a gm truck'',it will give you a part number,i will look at a place called''source one'' in kalamazoo mi,they have new gm onstar boxes for $199-249,,you need one with 3 coax antenna ports,2 are for onstar antenna,1 is for a small antenna plug for bluetooth

#17 ·
could you check into this for me...I have spent hours searching but not finding anything that will help. Thanks

#19 ·
most of the part numbers are discontinued...

#21 ·
Thanks....I appreciate it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.