Overhead console mount for new Edge CS for 01-07 chevy? - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Lounge (1) Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Speciality Forums > Interior
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2011, 03:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
SSTAT
Diesel Technician

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Overhead console mount for new Edge CS for 01-07 chevy?

Ive had an old edge with attitude monitor mounted in the overhead console of my 2002 duramax with one of those billet adapters for the last 6 years and I have loved it. Now the edge has died and they are sending me a CS to replace it. Now I cant find an adapter for the CS like for the old one for the overhead console and I HAVE TO HAVE ONE! I cant believe no one has developed one yet. Anyone aware of one? Are you vendors listening? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2011, 03:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
GMC_DMAX_07
Diesel Technician

Illinois Diesel Power (IDP) Member

I thought I read somewhere that the attitude mount would work but I also have a thread a couple of days ago looking for the same answer.
Transferflow replacement tank, B&W turnoverball hitch, Timbren overloads, AFE Intercooler pipe, MBRP Cat back, LineX spray-in Liner, Husky Liners, Westin 4" Platinum Oval nerf bars, Prodigy brake controller, Access Cover, Edge Insight CS w/ Expandable EGT Sensor, PCV Re-route, EGR Blocker, EFI Live

Awaiting install: Transgo Jr, MA pump rub repair kit

www.DMAXSTORE.com
http://www.allseasondieselperformance.com
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2011, 04:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
SSTAT
Diesel Technician

No, from what I see the original attitude mount cant work. The attitude is rounded at the left edge and square at the right, the CS is rounded at both ends. Also the attitude flares out top to bottom on the left side whereas the CS is flat on the top and bottom. I hope someone is looking into this.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
GMC_DMAX_07
Diesel Technician

Yeah, I hope someone makes one for sure. There is one company that makes one for the attitude (not going to use co name since i dont know if they are a sponsor here) that I'm going to try to email and see if they are planning on making one for the CS.
Transferflow replacement tank, B&W turnoverball hitch, Timbren overloads, AFE Intercooler pipe, MBRP Cat back, LineX spray-in Liner, Husky Liners, Westin 4" Platinum Oval nerf bars, Prodigy brake controller, Access Cover, Edge Insight CS w/ Expandable EGT Sensor, PCV Re-route, EGR Blocker, EFI Live

www.DMAXSTORE.com
Old 06-07-2011, 10:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
GMC_DMAX_07
Diesel Technician

Well I emailed one company that makes a edge attitude mount for the console and they allready replied. They have no plans to make a mount for the CS. Dang I wish I had a mill and could make my own.

www.DMAXSTORE.com
Old 06-13-2011, 06:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
budlight250
Diesel Enthusiast

I am in the same boat. I bought a CS instead of the larger CTS so I could mount it in the overhead. A year later, and it's still on my dash!

- Nitto Terra Grappler 285/70-R18
- Fuel 18x9's
- Edge Insight
- RBP 4" Cat Back Exhaust
- LBZ Mouthpiece
- Amp Research Power Steps
- Rad Mod V2
140,000 Miles and Going Strong.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:07 AM   #7 (permalink)
kcrebel
Diesel Technician

iTrader Score: 3 reviews

I spoke with a company a couple of weeks ago that has plans to make one for both the cts and evolution cts. Mid July is the projected date and I am supposed to get an email update when they are ready to ship. If anyone wants to know the manufacturer just inbox me as I'm unsure if they are a sponsor. As my research has indicated this is the only company with plans to make one so it shouldn't be an issue anyway.
Btw I have a 2005 duramax with the evolution cts sitting on my dash via the windshield mount and I hate it also.
Old 06-19-2011, 09:10 AM   #8 (permalink)
SSTAT
Diesel Technician

Man that is such a relief, I emailed a couple of suppliers myself but no luck. I have been trying to figure out if I need to make one out of wood or modify the one for the attitude. I have emailed kcrebel for the name of the company so I can let them know there is interest, but I would encourage displaying the manufacturers name here so all who are interested can send them an email of support. i would hate for this thing to never happen due to thoughts of lack of a market, as surely this is why no one else is making them.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
niteflite1287
Diesel Technician

any news its mid july now the overhead mounting issue is gonna be the make or break point decision on if i get a edge insight cs or cts so i'm holding my breath here
2002 GMC Sierra 3500 LB7 Allison LCT1000 4WD CC Flatbed | Isspro Preformax Gauges | AirDog II | Banks Intercooler, Waste Gate, and Intake | Edge Insight | Pacbrake Exhaust Brake | Inline Tube SS Brake Lines |
1996 Chevrolet Tahoe 6.5L 4WD 2DR 4L80E | Walbro FRC-10 w/ 30 Micron WIX Filter (PMDCable.com) (Dead For Now) | Bosch Duratherm Glow Plugs & PT Wiring Solutions GP Harness | New Injectors & "F" Vin Intake Coming Soon |
Old 07-14-2011, 12:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
kcrebel
Diesel Technician

iTrader Score: 3 reviews

None as of today at least for me. I will give the company a follow up call today and post what I find out later today.
Thanks for the reminder...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.