Diesel Place banner

Under Seat Storage

26K views 34 replies 25 participants last post by  jerryrister 
#1 ·
#2 · (Edited)
I have the Du-Ha and it's ok. It attaches using straps that loop over the seat frame at the back. I only use it occasionally, as it really takes up the space when the seat is up. I didn't realize that it extends to the front edge of the lower seat when I bought it, so when the seat is up, there's really no floor space left.

The dividers don't fit real well, and no long gun I have really fits either FWIW...

#5 ·
I have the DUHA on my 08. The same body as you. Works great, plenty of space. It holds 2 guns, Browning 30.06 with scope and Remington .22 with no scope. They are there all the time with no problems. Also hold extra rounds, extra work shirts, gloves, flashlight, PPE tuner and a bunch of crap that I never have time to clean out. I have not seen the husky in person so I dont know about them, but I would get the DUHA again in my next truck.

#6 ·
Anybody have the Husky?

#7 ·
They are both too much money for what they are.

#8 · (Edited)
I build mine out of 3/4" plywood and had it line x'ed.

Vehicle Car Auto part Car seat cover Automotive tire

Another pic in my garage. I have measurements I you would like.

#9 ·
Max I hear ya on the price.

Mdjr, that looks like a pretty nice DIY set up! What did that run you?

#10 ·
Max I hear ya on the price.

Mdjr, that looks like a pretty nice DIY set up! What did that run you?
Leftover sheet of 3/4" plywood ($25.00 a sheet) and line X. I don't remember what line X charged, It was done when I had the bed done.

#12 ·
Here is my solution. I had to scrap the 60 seat to do it but havent needed it yet. Great for tools, out of site storage, and just general junk that goes in and outof the truck alot.
Im still scratching my head trying to figure out how the genius at GM thought with the NBS rear seat system was an improvment over the ones that laid down flat.:rolleyes:

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3002843#post3002843

#13 ·
Under seat storage

Has anyone had any experience with these two products?

http://www.du-ha.com/chevy_crew_cab_07.html

VS.

http://www.huskyliners.com/gearbox.html

I am looking at both but can't decide. From what I can tell the Du-Ha has more space and better dividers e.g. fits guns but the Husky definitely looks better/cleaner almost a factory look and probably tougher too. The Du-ha looks a bit flimsy.:think:
I have the factory storage...Bought it from someone on the forum. Works great.

#14 ·
My wife bought me something out of Cabellas catalog a couple of years ago for 99 bucks. It fits behind the rear seat in a crew cab, stores 4 rifles, with slider adjustments to make compartments bigger or smaller. Very sturdy. I looked in the catalog a year ago and didn't see them listed any more. Maybe in the online catalog.

#15 ·
Had an old "slide under the bed" storage container from WalMart. Threw away the cover. Fits under the 60 side nicely. Cheap, probably less than $10.

#17 ·
Measurements

Here are the measurements for the underseat storage I build. Anu questions feel free to ask.

[/ATTACH]

Attachments

#18 ·
I have the Du-Ha and and really, really like it. I have mine packed. Lift the rear seat and there it is - McGee's closet! I have tools, cleaning supplies, towing supplies, fire extinguisher, jumper cables, umbrella, windshield scraper, winter cover... even a phone book and truck manuals. Without that thing, I'd have a hard time keeping anything under the seat. Yeah, the dividers are a little weak... but they're fine for me.

A little pricey, but well worth it in my book...

#20 ·
I have the Du-Ha and and really, really like it. I have mine packed. Lift the rear seat and there it is - McGee's closet! I have tools, cleaning supplies, towing supplies, fire extinguisher, jumper cables, umbrella, windshield scraper, winter cover... even a phone book and truck manuals. Without that thing, I'd have a hard time keeping anything under the seat. Yeah, the dividers are a little weak... but they're fine for me.

A little pricey, but well worth it in my book...
Could not agree more. We have all of our stuffed full and love them. Well worth the price in my opinion.

#25 ·
Same here - more space than the Husky, and more durable than the Du-Ha - and cheaper than both!

-bZj

#23 ·
I'd think you'd be fine... I have a little more than will fit "inside" the things... I have a few things that sit on top and above the sides. Keep in mind that the bottom of the seats are not rigid anyway.

#31 ·
I just installed the GM box for crew cab . . I like it . . took no more than 30 minutes to installed.

Fit, finish is great.

#32 ·
I put one in a couple weeks ago.....i really like it....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.