Diesel Place banner

Denali trim pieces

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Max Power 
#1 ·
Im looking at a set of console trim pieces (cupholder/cd changer) from a 2002 denali console. I have a 2005 denali console. I was told these two series were different but the trim pieces look the same. Anyone know if these pieces will work with my console?? Anyone know where i can get them if i can't use these??

TIA,
-- Rick

#2 ·
theyre not the same! ;)

2001-2002 pieces are completely different from 2003-2006 pieces

#3 ·
They won't work, Riccas.

There's a guy on Ebay out of california (titus---- something, I cant remember) that refurbishes and resells them. I bought a couple pieces from him before I found out you need the console too. He does great work, the trim pieces looked brand new. Search "Denali Console" or something to that effect to find his auctions.

Also, you might want to look for the Yukon window switch panels...those are the same black walnut trim.

#4 ·
TheBac;1295063; said:
They won't work, Riccas.

There's a guy on Ebay out of california (titus---- something, I cant remember) that refurbishes and resells them. I bought a couple pieces from him before I found out you need the console too. He does great work, the trim pieces looked brand new. Search "Denali Console" or something to that effect to find his auctions.

Also, you might want to look for the Yukon window switch panels...those are the same black walnut trim.
I came in contact with titus a while back. I am unable to just PM him through ebay though, it won't allow it. I have no idea what his email is.:eek:: He did offer me a decent deal on stuff. Anyone know his email??

#5 ·
I know Schram was selling the console minus the cup holders and front tray for about $399 plus shipping! Then you have to buy the stuff your missing!Censored

Riccas;1295707; said:
I came in contact with titus a while back. I am unable to just PM him through ebay though, it won't allow it. I have no idea what his email is.:eek:: He did offer me a decent deal on stuff. Anyone know his email??

#6 ·
Riccas;1295707; said:

I think if you look up his Ebay name, you can contact him without an auction.

#7 · (Edited)
DINO ONE;1295716; said:
I know Schram was selling the console minus the cup holders and front tray for about $399 plus shipping! Then you have to buy the stuff your missing!Censored

D, I think they were selling for $299. You then sell the LUX amp for $250, and you've got the console for cheap.

Yes, at one time I thought about taking out a business loan and buying out their stock (about 100 units).....

Here's one right now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YUKO...011QQitemZ320027683071QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

#8 ·
TheBac;1296044; said:
D, I think they were selling for $299. You then sell the LUX amp for $250, and you've got the console for cheap.

Yes, at one time I thought about taking out a business loan and buying out their stock (about 100 units).....

Here's one right now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YUKO...011QQitemZ320027683071QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Well, I just bought that console, primarily for the (new) lux amp! I'm not sure yet whether I will use the console or not. I'm hoping that with 100 units, they have a dark gray one that will match my interior. Then I will be on a quest for the trim pieces...

Does anyone know if I can use the wiring from this console as-is and avoid the harness mods in the "Shebang" article?

Thanks.

#9 · (Edited)
sritchie;1296432; said:
Well, I just bought that console, primarily for the (new) lux amp! I'm not sure yet whether I will use the console or not. I'm hoping that with 100 units, they have a dark gray one that will match my interior. Then I will be on a quest for the trim pieces...

Does anyone know if I can use the wiring from this console as-is and avoid the harness mods in the "Shebang" article?

Thanks.
IIRC, the only color the Denali consoles came in were the lighter grey. I think the Escalade ones are grey or tan, aren't they?

I wonder if the console sides are the same as a regular Silverado console? Hmmm....I think that bears some investigation.

The main console harness of the Denali and the Silverado are different. You'd have to change a lot of wires around for it to work. The only way to do the LUX mod is to modify the amplifier harness. Even working slow, it'll only take you a couple hours max. Are you installing a Nav unit or keepng your 6-disc?

Congrats on the buy. I guess I should contact Schrams now for my sales commission? :lol: I should run down there and see how many consoles they have left. I have to get down there anyway to check on an LBZ radiator.

#10 ·
The interchange information in the ebay ad indicated that it would fit '06 silverado.

I am in the parts gathering (now shipment awaiting) phase of the LUX/NAV conversion from the factory Bose setup. I was hoping to simplify the harness mods, but it appears I will need to follow the "shebang" article guide on modifiying the factory harness in my console.

I had been searching on bose lux and for some reason this console never showed up until I linked from your post - so you do deserve a credit!

#11 ·
The console will physically fit in your truck, but the color won't match if you have the dark charcoal interior. It would be cool if the Silverado cupholder/cubbies fit into the console, but they may not.

You may need to find Denali console trim pieces if the stock Silverado ones don't.

I was just kidding about the sales commission...

#12 ·
I have a few LUX amps if anyone's interested ;)

#13 ·
As already mentioned, the '01-'02 items are different than the '03-'06 parts. I found out the hard way by purchasing a cup holder assy that came off of an '01-'02 to fit my '03 console. If someone is looking for the cup holder or upper trim assy, I have them for sale. I purchased my console from Schrams and although the console was in good shape, the trim pieces had some scuffs on them. I'm pretty anal so I went out and purchased new upper and lower trim assemblies. I recently traded off my truck and when I did, I reinstalled the pieces that came with the console and kept my new ones. I have the following if someone is interested:

'03-'06 cupholder assembly, like new condition, no scuffs, scratches, etc. Lids work as they should: $100 plus shipping

'03-'06 upper console trim assembly, like new, no scuffs, scratches, etc. $90 plus shipping

'01-'02 cupholder assembly, excellent condition, no scuffs, scratches, etc. Lids work as they should. This is the cupholder I bought for my console but didn't notice that it wouldn't fit until I owned it. I never installed it, but I operationally checked the doors and they work as they should.

#14 ·
TheBac;1296499; said:
IIRC, the only color the Denali consoles came in were the lighter grey. I think the Escalade ones are grey or tan, aren't they?

I wonder if the console sides are the same as a regular Silverado console? Hmmm....I think that bears some investigation.

The main console harness of the Denali and the Silverado are different. You'd have to change a lot of wires around for it to work. The only way to do the LUX mod is to modify the amplifier harness. Even working slow, it'll only take you a couple hours max. Are you installing a Nav unit or keepng your 6-disc?

Congrats on the buy. I guess I should contact Schrams now for my sales commission? :lol: I should run down there and see how many consoles they have left. I have to get down there anyway to check on an LBZ radiator.

I bought a harness from a Yukon Denali and installed it along with the Bose amp this weekend. I have the Denali console already. All we had to do was jump one Class II data wire and move the rear speaker wires from a different plug to the main bail connector. All of the wiring at the amp plugs were correct for the LUX amp. We just moved the wires at the bail connector. Everything else worked right. The Yukon harness had a few extra plugs on it [rear seat heat, etc.] but the RSE is correct the way it is.

I think this is an easier way of wiring a LUX amp IF you need to remove the console. I had to as my sub was rattling [broken screw]. Otherwise, it would probably be less work to just rewire at the amp plugs.

#15 ·
jderk, We also had to add a power wire and move a couple drain wires and other misc things. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.