Diesel Place banner

Roof Light Help

4K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  TIM Z 
#1 ·
Steeler wants 197.00 for the center 3/light and 97.00 each for the single sides ones:eek:. I have one bulb burnt out in the center:mad:, and of course you can't just replace one bulb. Any one out there have any ideas. I'm leaning towards the LED's, any help on links would be appreciated.

#2 ·
I replaced the outer 2 roof lights, the fender lights, the 3rd brake light, cargo light, reverse lights, license plate lights, and footwell lights with led's. I have not done the middle 3 roof lights because of the way they are soldered in and angled. This summer I will tackle that issue.

I got all mine from Super Bright LED's and used the WLED-A (amber) and WLED-R (red) led's for the roof and fenders. I used the WLED-W (white) for the license plate. They fit in the 194 type socket.

They are single led, but with a 90/120 degree beam pattern because of the lens. They are only slightly dimmer than the stockers. I don't think the other ones with more led's would work because of the way the light sockets are angled, especially with the fender lights. I've had them on for a year now, and love them. They've held up great even in the -25F Alaska Winter.

#3 ·
Youve gotta be kidden me.... $400 for THREE LIGHTS!!!

Tell ya what, ive got the stockers off my 06 i took off about 2 months after i bought it. $50 and there yours!!!

Let me know if your interested, ill dig them outta the garage.

#4 ·
Steeler wants 197.00 for the center 3/light and 97.00 each for the single sides ones:eek:. I have one bulb burnt out in the center:mad:, and of course you can't just replace one bulb. Any one out there have any ideas. I'm leaning towards the LED's, any help on links would be appreciated.
Why cant you replace the one light ? if it's an oe cab light then get a 1/2" instrument panel socket and a 194 bulb to replace the soldered unit. all mine are this way now. moved to exterior

#5 ·
Why not buy the PC194 bulb and twist it in after twisting out the old one. This is done right after using your trusty screwdriver to allow the lense assy to be lifted from the roof.

And you are definitely correct in referring to the stealer in that fashion.

#6 ·
Thanks for the ideas, offers and tips. I'll tinker this weekend... p.s. the friggin thing leaked filled up my overhead storage pocket twice....:cool: All holes siliconed now..;).. p.s.s. My bad 128.00 for the 3/light..

#7 ·
i had mine installed when i bought it. bulbs arent included in that price

#8 ·
Mine came with bulbs, 'cuz that's what I pulled to get the lamp number. Bought one for an aborted strobe lamp project.

#9 ·
I didn't realize you could buy the pc194. I just twisted out the socket, broke the wires on the old bulb and pulled it out, put a new 194 bulb in the socket and bent the wires over just like a miniature christmas tree light, and twisted it back in the socket. Works just like new. Total cost was about .50 for the bulb.

#10 ·
I just installed Pacer smoked roof lights in place of my factory ones. They are LED and look great! 150$ . You can get the stock Amber color Pacer lights for about 75$. They are the same if not better quality than stock, not a crap recon light.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.