Diesel Place banner

gm towing mirrors

14K views 25 replies 18 participants last post by  Mr Bigblock 
#1 ·
does anyone know how much the new style towing mirrors are?? and the old style??

#2 ·
I think you can get the new ones for around 200 each if you look around. The older style that power extend not sure on the price for them new. I am thinking about selling my power extending ones if interested pm me.

#4 ·
take a look on ebay, you can get OEM mirrors on there for usually a very good price.

#9 ·
When my neighbor put his on they went on in 15-20 minutes. Easy install.

#10 ·
You could do what I did and start a local Craigslist ad. I started an ad about a month and a half ago looking for someone to trade my factory regular mirrors for some factory tow mirrors. After 5 weeks of nothing but offers to buy mine, a guy contacted me about a straight up trade. We swapped em, everything works on mine, everything works on his, and we couldn't be happier.

#11 ·
By the way, all the factory mirrors(atleast on 06 and 07 classic) use the same connectors. No wiring changes to do on my swap, took bout a half hour total.

#15 ·
Does anyone know if these will work on an 05. I currently have the power tow mirrors, but they stop working so I'm considering these. Are they a direct bolt and plug and would I need to do any programing

Thanks for the help

#17 · (Edited)
#18 ·
I''m also looking to upgrade my mirrors i found a pair for $320
but i can't figure out if they have the turn signals in them, does anyone know if they even make them without the turn-signals?
http://www.am-autoparts.com/AM/Mirro...ahooShoppingSF
I bought a set from that AM-Autoparts. They are AFTERMARKET mirrors, and the ones that I received were built incorrectly. I'm not the only one who has had the problem. The "notch" where the mirror arms lock into place when you unfold them is incorrect on mine, and so the mirrors are not at the correct angle when locked out, and they hit the body when they fold in. After a couple weeks of complaining through email, they refunded my money.

#19 ·
What i don't understand is on gmpartsdirect.com is when your buy the mirrors yeah there only $205 but you have to pay shipping for both mirrors, so when i went to buy it is was $499, and when you go to buy it you have to agree that they aren't respondable for any damage. So to me that place seems weird. Where is the best place to buy them cheap. or am i just dreaming?

#20 ·
I'm still looking for a cheap set. I refuse to lose my blinker in the mirror but i want the 06 style pretty bad. I just can't pull the trigger on over $500 from gmpartsdirect.com

#21 ·
I hear ya but they are only getting more expensive. I wish I had bought some when they were cheaper.

#22 ·
#23 ·
They also sell stuff like fog lights and door handles and so on. Check em out.

#25 ·
#26 ·
I went to open mine today and the whole mirror arm everything fell off the truck, real quality work GM.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.