No Brake Lights, please help! - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Lounge (0) Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Speciality Forums > Electrical
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2013, 02:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dungeon Customs
Diesel Technician

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

No Brake Lights, please help!

I have a 2004 2500HD Crew Cab 4wd (lly). I installed new LED tail lights yesterday and the brake lights did not function. I checked every fuse that I thought would be related to the tail lights and found one that was blown under the hood. I replaced the 10 amp fuse and the tails/turns/park lights worked perfectly. Today, I find that the parking lights work, both left and right turns work, but no stop lights. No more blown fuses. I also noticed that my 3rd brake light is no longer lighting upon hitting the brakes. After testing for current at the tail lights with my test light, I am not getting any current. What should I check for? Could it be the brake pedal switch? I'm at a loss here
6" Black MBRP Stack (angle cut) in bed
EGR Blocker Plate, unplugged EGR
PCV Reroute
HID Head & Fog Lights, LED Tails
Banks CAI
285/65 Sumitomo Tires
4" wide Whitewalls
Rhino Liner
Tonneau cover with stack!
“Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.” - James Dean
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2013, 06:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dungeon Customs
Diesel Technician

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Fixed it. Found another blown fuse...phew!
6" Black MBRP Stack (angle cut) in bed
EGR Blocker Plate, unplugged EGR
PCV Reroute
HID Head & Fog Lights, LED Tails
Banks CAI
285/65 Sumitomo Tires
4" wide Whitewalls
Rhino Liner
Tonneau cover with stack!
“Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.” - James Dean
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.