new headlight suggestions.... - Page 2 - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Lounge (1) Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Speciality Forums > Electrical
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2012, 02:37 PM   #11 (permalink)
kcrebel
Diesel Technician

iTrader Score: 3 reviews

my putco led parking/turn and drl bulbs just showed up as well so we will see if I experience the blinking phenomena or not. I'll report back when i do the install
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2012, 03:51 PM   #12 (permalink)
kcrebel
Diesel Technician

More bulbs came in today. Still waiting on the headlamps and a few other bulbs and I should be ready to go.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:27 PM   #13 (permalink)
kcrebel
Diesel Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by gb043075 View Post
As for the 100w bulbs, I would personally upgrade the harness, just sounds like a problem waiting to happen IMO if you don't. Then again, I'm far from an electrical guru.
That's a great idea I had not thought of. I looked at the dealer where I purchased the bulbs and they have a harness upgrade kit but when I called he said if I got the H1 to fit the bulb side(H1) it would not work with the plug side(9005). Now I am totally confused as to what harness to order. It will be for the hi beam which is a 9005 plug. The spyder has a 9005 plug that converts into an h1 bulb. The dealer said I could remove the spyder harness at the bulb, install the upgraded harness to the bulb and then install the spyder harness between there and the factory plug.
Surely there is an easier way???? I'm obviously missing something here....
Old 11-30-2012, 05:07 PM   #14 (permalink)
irish yankee
Diesel Master

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

I just received new projectors and bumper lights. The company P.S.Team on ebay said in their ad if you don't want to use the bulbs supplied with lights that you can use your factory bulbs. I thought awesome because I have hb3&4 hid bulbs. I open the box and want to bash them with hammer not the lights the people that sold them to me lol. They are h1 lights. How in the hell can I fit my bulbs in there? If there is an adapter let me know. The company quickly responded to my question with "we are sorry for the confusion". Right now I think I have to get HID H1 bulbs right?
FPE Turbo (68mm)
FPE Turbobrake
FPE Tapshifter (sweet)

Airdog 150 (very quiet)
egr blocked

The turbo sounds sweet with muffler,bet it is way loud without muffler.

Thanks to Fleece Performance,the truck has been flawless. Nobody wants to play anymore
Old 11-30-2012, 05:43 PM   #15 (permalink)
kcrebel
Diesel Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish yankee View Post
I just received new projectors and bumper lights. The company P.S.Team on ebay said in their ad if you don't want to use the bulbs supplied with lights that you can use your factory bulbs. I thought awesome because I have hb3&4 hid bulbs. I open the box and want to bash them with hammer not the lights the people that sold them to me lol. They are h1 lights. How in the hell can I fit my bulbs in there? If there is an adapter let me know. The company quickly responded to my question with "we are sorry for the confusion". Right now I think I have to get HID H1 bulbs right?
Irish Yankee fron Nw Arkansas? First things first how in the hell does that happen? Oh wait I'm a NE Mississippi native resident of Michigan. Lol.
Guess that makes me a Union Redneck?

My guess is yes you will need H1 lights and you are in luck because I have a brand new 55w hid kit with 6000k bulbs ready for you sitting on my desk from my previous f up. I ordered them for my fogs and rather than use my hammer I used my mouth and I had to order h3's for the fogs and I refuse to pay restocking fees and return shipping on a product I have already overpaid for to begin with so I will sell them to someone on here hopefully at a fair price.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:20 AM   #16 (permalink)
irish yankee
Diesel Master

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrebel View Post
Irish Yankee fron Nw Arkansas? First things first how in the hell does that happen? Oh wait I'm a NE Mississippi native resident of Michigan. Lol.
Guess that makes me a Union Redneck?

My guess is yes you will need H1 lights and you are in luck because I have a brand new 55w hid kit with 6000k bulbs ready for you sitting on my desk from my previous f up. I ordered them for my fogs and rather than use my hammer I used my mouth and I had to order h3's for the fogs and I refuse to pay restocking fees and return shipping on a product I have already overpaid for to begin with so I will sell them to someone on here hopefully at a fair price.
Well the family tree goes back to scotland so I'm not even irish. Then I grew up in Illinois so I'm not really a yankee either. Just thought that name would piss people off just by seeing it. Screen name should be scottish redneck but that sounds gay. I'm going to order two sets of 35w h1 bulbs from retro. The light people did offer to pay for return shipping and give me full refund so I'm going to give positive feedback I guess.
FPE Turbo (68mm)
FPE Turbobrake
FPE Tapshifter (sweet)

Airdog 150 (very quiet)
egr blocked

The turbo sounds sweet with muffler,bet it is way loud without muffler.

Thanks to Fleece Performance,the truck has been flawless. Nobody wants to play anymore
Old 12-01-2012, 01:25 PM   #17 (permalink)
kcrebel
Diesel Technician

Good for you!! Hopefully I will find a home for these or I guess I will end up keeping them as a spare.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:19 PM   #18 (permalink)
kcrebel
Diesel Technician

All bulbs installed, had to get lm487 module to address hyper blinking in the turn signals. Other than that it's all together save for the fogs that I am waiting on bulbs for still. I still have to do the all on mod. That's next. Taking a break. So far I am very pleased and hoping I don't have to do a whole lot of adjusting to the beams as it appears they will have to come out to be adjusted which sucks. I plan on doing a new thread with before and after photos of all of the things I have changed on my truck along with detailed steps, parts, etc in hopes that it may help others like myself from so many missteps, etc.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:02 PM   #19 (permalink)
kcrebel
Diesel Technician

All on mod done with zero issues. Removed the diodes and put heatshrink tubing on them to prevent any accidental shorting. I wanted to add a diode from the drl to the low beam so the drl's would work with the lo beams at night. I have led bulbs in my drl's so not much power consumption just more for looks and the halo rings. Anways one diode was too short to reach, soldered two together which made the length long enough but the resistor in the middle ended up in the way between the two relays so I ended up using one of the leftover heavy gauge hid wires. Of course now my lo beams work with my drl's as well as my drl's working with my low beams. I had asked Radio Shack if they knew of a longer diode and they said they did not.
Any suggestions on what to use to complete this mod?
Still waiting for the hid fog bulbs to come in and I should done. At that point I will be ready with the assumption I figure out how to do the drl add on to the all on mod.
Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated as always....
Old 12-09-2012, 03:11 AM   #20 (permalink)
kcrebel
Diesel Technician

HID's came in today for the fogs. Hoping to get them put on tomorrow to complete the HID upgrade finally....
So far I am pleased. I am still looking for a solution to the need for a longer diode.
Dirty Hooker PCV Valve Reroute Kit
Sinister Diesel EGR Full Delete Kit
AFE 4 Inch Exhaust Kit
18x9 KMC Black Monster XD
GoodYear Duratrac 295/65/18
Pioneer Avic X920BT w/Backup Camera Interface
Polk Audio Speakers/Alpine Amp
All on Headlight Mod with HIDs and Projectors
DRL's run at night with lo beams.
Madjack Racing Fuel Filter Access Door Upgrade Kit
Sponsored Links