Diesel Place banner

Cigarette Plug Broke

LLY: 
1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  AustinJones 
#1 ·
So I was listening to my iPod in a cradle through the plug closest to me driving (left one) hit a bump and all of a sudden, the cradle, about 12 pieces, and my iPod are laying on the floor. My main concern is fixing the plug...it's missing some pieces and can't find them. How do I go about fixing this? Do I just hand it to the dealer or is there a kit you can buy to rebuild it?

#3 ·
I imagine that most people here would just search online, and try to find a part... or call their dealer. Have you tried either of those yet?

#4 ·
#6 · (Edited)

And #17 will be the outer portion of the outlet, P/N 25774623, which lists for a whopping $4.39.... And #18, P/N 25749635, is the retainer, which lists for a whopping $5.22.

The new pieces snap together, one part from the front and the other from the rear. The tool referenced in the above link is only needed if you plan to disassemble an outlet that isn't broken apart, like yours.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.