Diesel Place banner

Heated Seat/ Power Seat issue

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  BK Tool 
#1 ·
Hello,
I tried searching but couldn't find anyone with the same issues together.

The short story is that my heated seats on both front seats do not work. Intermittently the light will come on on the door when i try to turn them on but it is very occasional (couple times a week maybe) and only stays on for 5-10 min. I never get any heat out of it that I can tell. Also the power controls on the DS stopped working and the PS works.

This problem started with the heated seats not turning off while driving one day, so I pulled over shut the truck down and so did the seats. Since then they will hardly ever turn on and I have had the no power seat on the DS issue.

All I have found on this is a reprogram of the seat module but is there something else to check before I bring it in to the dealership. I am not a fan of bringing my truck to the dealership.

Thank you,
-Dan

#2 ·
seats

I'll give odds your driver side seat has been compromized by a burnt through heating element..............
What year truck might have a helpfull impact.....but It is a cooked heating element. Good Luck

#4 ·
I had similar problems on the wife's 2005 Z71 'Burb... no heat on driver/pass seat and no power seat adjustment on driver's seat. Check the 'large' wire harness under the driver's seat for a HOT condition. Not sure why the orange and black wires would get hot enough to melt the plastic connector together, but this was the condition on the burb. I had to really yank on the connector to get it apart. Sorry the picture is a little washed out, but the two burnt terminals correspond to the large orange and black wires seen at the bottom of this photo. Cheers.

#5 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.