1995 suburban power lock problem? - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Lounge (0) Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Speciality Forums > Electrical
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2009, 04:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
relentlessmx
Diesel Fanatic

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

1995 suburban power lock problem?

I recently purchased a 1995 suburban 1500 8lug diesel. The power locks seemed to work when I bought it and then for about 30 minutes.

Now when I push the rocker switch to lock or unlock, on either door, the locks do not move at all; there is an audible click that comes from a little box (relay?) under the dash mounted next to the accelerator pedal.

I also wondered if this truck was equipped with a remote door lock clicker... how do I find out?

1995 Chevy 1500 Suburban 4x4 6.5
and a garage full of mini bikes

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2009, 02:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
relentlessmx
Diesel Fanatic

OK. So I noticed that the power seat was inop too. Went to my owenr's manual to see and sure enough they share a circuit breaker/ fuse? I unplugged the 2 30amp silver (fuses) from slots A & B switched them and everything worked fine (including the windos on the other circuit) for a minute or two then the lock's & seat go back to inop, the cigarette lighter/ power port shares this circuit as per the manual and has worked fine right along. I pulled the 30 amp fuse and it was hot to the touch, put it back in and it works again? I'm thinking that there is a bad ground?

Any wisdom would be graciously received.

1995 Chevy 1500 Suburban 4x4 6.5
and a garage full of mini bikes

Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2009, 09:48 AM   #3 (permalink)
raygia
Diesel Enthusiast

sorry i cant help but where was that fuse located? my rear fan control stopped working and I cant find a fuse box..
thanks
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.