Diesel Place banner

HELP Having electrical problems with RV

652 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  floriduramax1 
#1 ·
I have what I think is two seperate issues in my motor home. The first is that I have for some time now to have to jump the fuse that goes to the ignition to get juice, but lately that fuse blows, I have done a trace but can't seem to find an open or short, is there something I can try with just a multi-meter? Below is a photo I took that shows where I have to jump it, the wire is not connected now, so I drew a couple of red circles and a blue line to show where it goes.

The second issue is with the house battery itself, it's a new one so it works just fine but, when I have my shore power everything works, but when I have the shore power disconnected and the house batter yis connected, nothing but the switch for the generator works, the strange thing is that when I disconnect the red wire that goes from the isolator, everything seems to work, I don't know if this is a short or what or is it just wired wrong? Below are couple of photos I took it should be self explanatory.Any suggestions or observations would really help. I'm hoping to trade it for another used rig, so I really can't put much money into right now otherwise I would hire someone to fix it..
Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
Where in Fl are ya?

#4 ·
Looks like you are about 150 miles from here. If you drove it here I would fix it.

#6 ·
Lol If I could drive it anywhere, I wouldn't need to fix it, see because of the fuse problem I can start it but then I blow a fuse and well I have to keep replacing fuses. I really can't drive it in the shape it is anyhow. Yeah probably some bare wire somewhere, I will have to take a closer look.

Thanks

#7 ·
Does the fuse blow with the engine off and just the ignition in the on position, or does it blow only when the engine is "running"?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.