Diesel Place banner

horn location

22K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  littelbear 
#1 ·
i just bought a wolo bad boy air horn... i need to know where the stock horn is located and the easiest way to get to it.. any help is appreicated

#2 ·
There are two horns. Drivers and passenger side. If you pull the front wheel well liners out and look in just below the running lights, there each one is.

#3 ·
o i didnt know there was 2 of them.... maybe i will just wire it seperate to its own push button... thanks for the help

#4 ·
I just bought the same (Wolo) from Pep Boys. Pretty easy install and enough loudness to get the stupid peoples attention. I mounted mine right below the air filter box. There was plenty of room and close to the passenger battery. Removed the passenger side horn due to it going bad three times from water splashes.

#5 ·
How do you like these horns? I would love to make a little more noise.

#9 ·
actually if you need a trigger, just use the fuse for the horn under the hood, take the power source from the A or B post to a relay and this way when you press your horn button, the new horn blows too. This is the way I have my train horns setup

#10 · (Edited)
No wake 200.....

I bought and recently installed last weekend the wolo compact air horn from a local Checker Auto Parts store. It is noticeably louder than the stockers. My passenger side horn was rusted and not working. I was able to fix it though. Once removed from the truck, I used a flat screw driver and split the two halves of the plastic horn housing apart along the seam. Once apart and removed from the metal housing, I soaked the inner working of the metal horn with dielectric contact cleaner and with some contact time, enough rust and dirt was removed allowing it to "honk" again. I epoxied the two halves back together and now have three horns. I chose to splice the Wolo horn into the drivers side horn wires. This worked out fine. When arming the factory alarm and/or locking the doors, the factory horns sound, but not the air horn. When I need to use the horn, all three sound off and now even louder.

#11 ·
i just got done installing the horn... i took the factory intake off and the plate under it.... i cut a piece out of the metal plate and i also cut alittle bit out of the front of the airbox... i took the factory horn off and installed the wolo one so i still have 1 factory for when i lock the doors then the wolo..

#12 ·
Will be putting on the Kong MkI tomorrow and I would imagine they will be loud as &^$!. Not sure where I will be mounting the horns since it is a triple and Seige Engineering suggest mounting them straight down to resonate off the pavement that much more !!!:eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.