Astrostart 2205A - help. - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Lounge (2) Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Speciality Forums > Electrical
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2007, 12:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
XTOAK
Diesel Fanatic

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Astrostart 2205A - help.

I had an Astrostart 2205A installed a couple weeks ago and now find that it was set up on a timer to start rather than the blue wire behind the cluster. Yes, I'm rather disappointed but don't want to take it back to the installer as it's now a matter of trust. In addition, I see that he didn't solder anything...simply stripped insulation from each wire, wrapped the wire from the 2205A around it and the used what he called "Scotch 88 to super seal it." Isn't Scotch 88 just electrical tape - at least that's what it appears to be...once again, very disappointed and wish I could have bought one from Max but he's out of the business temporarily.

Does anyone have the instructions to hook up a 2004 Duramax to the 2205A? I got the owners manual and the installation manual from the dealer, and have reviewed a ton of info on this site but want to make sure I do it properly. My biggest concern is hooking up P2-5 White/Orange to the Blue wire, and if I need to do anything to it prior to attaching it.

Again, if anyone has any info they wish to send me, it would be greatly appreciated.
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2007, 04:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
srode
Diesel Master

Send a message via MSN to srode

You will need to reprogram to get it to switch to reading the ready to start light, the directions are in your installation manual.
2004 LB7 D/A Sierra 2500HD CC SB SLT 4X4 snug top, Rancho 9000 RSX, Nictane filter, homelink, 265 Revo 2s, Lux amp + TNR + 6 disc, Navtool & back up camera, Astrostart 2205A, high idle and heated seats from remote, All Headlights on modification
Other toys:1969 Camaro Pace car, 1969 Camaro Hard top, 2001 Ranger Reata 210 Fish n Ski
Offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2007, 05:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
ncbschzzt
Diesel Fanatic

is this Astrostart hard to setup, and can you keep all your onstar features
CCSB, 4x4, 6" lfit, 20" Pro Comps, 35" Nitto Terra Grapplers, Air bags, PPE Excelerator Level 4, MBRP 4" turbo back 5" tip, Just Say No to EGR, K&N with condom sock, PPE Airbox Mod, Transgo Jr, synthetic everything (except eng oil), John Deere Low Beams, All on Headlight mod, AMP Research steps, Caddy Handles, Pyro gauge, Boost gauge, PPE pickup tube, 160GPH transfer pump, shimmed relief valve, ported rail fittings, and 06' Malibu Wakesetter in tow.
Old 09-23-2007, 05:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
srode
Diesel Master

Send a message via MSN to srode

Not hard to set up with good directions - It would have been harder with those that came with the astrostart, but the ones from Max Power were very detailed and helpful. It doesn't effect the onstar.
2004 LB7 D/A Sierra 2500HD CC SB SLT 4X4 snug top, Rancho 9000 RSX, Nictane filter, homelink, 265 Revo 2s, Lux amp + TNR + 6 disc, Navtool & back up camera, Astrostart 2205A, high idle and heated seats from remote, All Headlights on modification
Other toys:1969 Camaro Pace car, 1969 Camaro Hard top, 2001 Ranger Reata 210 Fish n Ski
Old 09-23-2007, 11:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
XTOAK
Diesel Fanatic

I had researched this a ton prior to the purchase and would have paid MaxPower double is asking cost as there was so many glowing reviews of his product and his instructions but he isn't available anymore. I've learned to trust the folks on this board and have never been steered wrong. I wouldn't purchase one again (based upon the poor install done on my truck) without finding a way to purchase from someone one this board or recommended highly by folks on this board.

Needless to say, MaxPower will be sorely missed.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
TheBac
Diesel Laureate

iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTOAK;2022165;
I had researched this a ton prior to the purchase and would have paid MaxPower double is asking cost as there was so many glowing reviews of his product and his instructions but he isn't available anymore. I've learned to trust the folks on this board and have never been steered wrong. I wouldn't purchase one again (based upon the poor install done on my truck) without finding a way to purchase from someone one this board or recommended highly by folks on this board.

Needless to say, MaxPower will be sorely missed.
He's not dead, for gosh sakes....his wife just had a baby. He was down in off-topic just tonight. Send him a PM.

"BBT" 2003 GMC 2500HD CC/SB 4x4
12.14 @ 111.15

2003 Olds Aurora 4.0 -- the "new" car

Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.

Reality is a matter of perspective.

I know just enough to be dangerous.
Online   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2007, 11:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Max Power
Diesel Laureate

iTrader Score: 3 reviews

I'm available I just don't have as much time as I used to.

Send me a pm with your email address and what bypass you have and I will send you some info. I'll need you to be a bit patient with me but I can help you out. Email works best for me because I carry a blackberry but I don't get to check the forums as often anymore.

2011 F250 Lariat 6.7L - Sold

2009 GMC Crew Cab, Short Box SLT LMM - Sold
04.5 GMC 2500HD LLY Carbon Metallic - Sold
2003 GMC 2500HD LB7 White - Sold
Old 09-23-2007, 11:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
XTOAK
Diesel Fanatic

Congrats on the new born as I figured you might have retired or worse. As my PM said, take your time as the new mama and the little guy/gal comes first. Once again, congrats and it's great to know you're still out there.

Some of us up here in Alaska were about to hold a solumn moment of silence in your honor...instead we'll just take up a collection for diapers and formula!
Old 09-24-2007, 10:57 AM   #9 (permalink)
DuraRich
Diesel Head

Would you send me the instructions as well? I bought from a local dealer, adn now you've got me worried about the install. I'd like to verify it myself, cna you forward me the instructions from Max?

Thank you,

Rich
Old 09-24-2007, 12:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
jonyb
Banned

This is copied from www.the12volt.com. I know it's hard to read, but you get the point.

do not use wait to start wire it will result in check eng. light just use timer.

12volts
red (40A), red (40A)
+
ignition harness

Starter yellow + ignition harness
Second Starter N/A
Ignition pink + ignition harness
Second Ignition white + ignition harness
Notes: To avoid the check engine light from coming on and possible damage to the automatic transmission, the second ignition in this vehicle MUST be powered when adding a remote start system.
Third Ignition N/A
Accessory orange + ignition harness
Second Accessory brown + ignition harness
Keysense lt. green - ignition harness
Power Lock use Directed module 457GW
Notes: If Directed module 457GW is not available, refer to DirectFax document 1601.

On base model trucks, the 457GW is not necessary. Instead, the lock wire is lt. blue (-), pin B5, and the unlock wire is white (-), pin B10. They are in the lt. blue plug at the BCM.
Power Unlock see power lock
Lock Motor gray 5wi driver door module in door
Unlock Motor tan 5wi driver door module in door
Parking Lights+ brown + driver kick panel
Parking Lights- gray/black - switch or BCM, brown plug, pin B2
Notes: The BCM (Body Control Module) is under the driver side dash. It has 6 plugs in it, the purple plug is on the back.
Hazards white - hazard switch
Turn Signal(L) dk. green + turn signal switch
Turn Signal(R) lt. green + turn signal switch
Reverse Light lt. green + BCM, black plug, pin F
Notes: The BCM (Body Control Module) is under the driver side dash. It has 6 plugs in it, the purple plug is on the back.
Door Trigger gray/blk (L), black/wht (R) - each door module in each door
Notes: On base model trucks, the door trigger wires are in the lt. blue plug at the BCM, pins B4 and A5.

On 4dr trucks, the LR door trigger is lt. blue/black, pin A3, and the RR is lt. green/black, pin A2. They are in the purple plug at the BCM.

Use all wires and diode isolate.

The BCM (Body Control Module) is under the driver side dash. It has 6 plugs in it, the purple plug is on the back.
Dome Supervision gray/black + BCM, black plug, pin E
Trunk/Hatch Pin N/A
Hood Pin N/A
Trunk/Hatch Release N/A
Power Sliding Door N/A
Factory Alarm Arm arms on lock with door open
Factory Alarm Disarm lt. green - driver door module in door
Disarm No Unlock see factory alarm disarm
Tachometer white ac instrument cluster, pin A5 or PCM
Notes: The PCM (Powertrain Control Module) is in the left front of the engine compartment to the left of the fan shroud.

On gas models, the tach wire is in the green plug, pin 10.

On diesel models, the tach wire is in the gray plug, pin 37.

On hybrid models, the tach wire is in the green plug, pin 35.

For tach can also go to any of the ignition coils or fuel injectors and use the wire that is NOT pink, black, or brown.
Wait to start dk. blue - instrument cluster, pin A2 or PCM
Notes: The PCM (Powertrain Control Module) is in the left front of the engine compartment to the left of the fan shroud. The wait to start wire is in the blue plug, pin 26.

On the remote start, make sure to program the Accessory State During Wait To Start to ON.
Brake Wire white + brake pedal switch
Parking Brake lt. blue - switch or BCM, lt. blu plug, pin A7
Horn Trigger black/yellow to black - switch or BCM, gray plug, pin B9
Memory Seat 1 red + driver door module in door
Memory Seat 2 pink + driver door module in door
Memory Seat 3 N/A +
Interface Module: Category:
Immobilizer Bypass Required:
Yes Type:
Passlock II
Part #: 556LW
Alternate Part1 #: 555LW
Alternate Part2 #: DesignTech 20402
Alternate Part3 #: DesignTech 29402
Notes: Not required if using the combo interface module. The Passlock II wire colors are yellow, black, and red/white (not used).
Interface Module: Category:
Combo Interface Required:
Yes Type:
Data Bus
Part #: 457GW
Notes:

Closed Thread