Diesel Place banner

Left front speaker "static"

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Blk04HD 
#1 ·
Sounds like the left front speaker on my CCSB might have a short of some sort. Anyone else had this problem and if so, did you have to replace the speaker or just fix the wire connection? Thanks!

#3 ·
SteveT777;1520492; said:
speaker was bad replaced both. Does it sort of go away if you turn the base down?
Exactly...either I reduce the bass or move the fade more to the rear speakers.

Did you replace your speakers yourself or did you have the dealership? How much am I looking at? Thanks!

#4 ·
crazy as it sounds it might not be the speaker. If you have the auto temp. controls, it could be the little speaker looking thing in the headliner. that thing is the intake for the auto air and when they go bad they make a sound kinda like static. good luck.

#5 ·
Mine does the same thing. It's the speaker for sure on mine. I put my ear up to it and it sounds like it's blown. What's wierd though is that it only does it when it's really cold out. It doesn't make the noise during the summer.

#6 ·
It was very easy. took about 20 min to figure out how to take the first one out and 4 min to take the second one out. then I took the speaker to best buy and replaced it with a 50W pioneer for about 30 bucks. The hardest part was figuring out which wire was the pos and neg. Finally found that if you look at the tweater there is a plus and minus and the wire colors are the same so I matched it up to that. The speaker won't clip back in so you have to drill holes into the metal of the door but it's a no brainer. To get the speaker out you have to remove a little piece of foam that jammed into the bottom clip then pinch the clip and it will come out with a black plastic holder.

As far and removing the door panel. There is a screw under the arm rest and one under the window switch panel. Remove the triangle for the mirror. and the piece around the door handle. Unhook the wires accessed from the window switch area for the windows and seat heater. Grab ghe whole panel and slide it up about two inches. Becareful with the wires for the light in the door. Piece of cake. If I forgot anything someone please add.

#10 ·
The factory speakers are junk. I had 2 replaced in the passenger door and 1 in the drivers door all under waranty. I have since replaced both of them again with after market speakers,sound is much better.On the subject of door panel removal the 01s and 02s are secured a little bit different. The older ones have screw behind the window and lock switch panel,the newer ones have a screw behind the sliding door lock knob. Both have a screw right behind the pull handle and a centered screw under the door panel on bottom of door.By the way the speaker size 6 and a half inch round.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.