Diesel Place banner

Need a little help.

628 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  davester 
#1 ·
So I see that my pressure lines from the hydroboost are weeping:HiHi:. I figure I get the two lines and have a reputable auto repair shop install them along with 4 drivers side glow plugs:HiHi:. I purchase the lines from Amazon AC Delco #36-365453 & 36-358980. I take my truck in have the work done, pay for the work get home open the hood and only see one pressure line from the hydroboost replaced, the other still looks like the old one:banghead:. Now I'm upset thinking that they only replaced one of the pressure lines. From what I can see the glow plugs look new.
Also the line they did replace is touching the big silver pipe that goes to the turbo, I know thats not right.
Are those Ac Delco pressure lines the ones that go up to the hydroboost? I know there is steering gear oil return line but I'm not sure if its a pressure line or not.

#2 · (Edited)
Called the auto shop today and was told that they ran out of time to install the second line and to bring it back next week so they can install it. When I told him I was not happy he told me that he cut me a deal and he was in trouble with his boss and the mechanic was not happy:think:. I dropped the truck off at 8am and picked it up at 5:30pm.

#3 ·
So they only did half of the work, didn't tell you, and charged you for it. And kept the new part you bought that they didn't put on? Wow I would go get my other line back from them and have someone else put it on. Shops like that are not worth dealing with. Been there done that.

#4 ·
Totally. It's one thing to say "we didn't have time to finish everything, but you need your truck, so come back soon and we'll finish the job" but to charge the full amount, not complete the work and keep your parts...that's real crappy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.