factory exhaust hits the air bag on Firestone r4 tech - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Lounge (4) Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Speciality Forums > Suspension & Steering - 2001 - 2010
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2013, 12:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
RealPower
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

factory exhaust hits the air bag on Firestone r4 tech

Just installed the Firestone r4 tech air ride suspention on my 2008 (lmm) GMC 2500hd and the factory exhaust sits on the right side air bag. Question is : would a banks monster 4" dpf back sys give me extra room and clear the bag. Thanks for any help
2008 GMC Sierra SLT Summit White 6.6 Duramax LMM Totally Stock. options, line-x sprayed bed (over the rails) and rear wheel wells, GM running boards,Husky mud-flaps,Wheather-tec floor liners (front and rear),Leer 800 series Tonneau cover. Just installed a FS-2500 oil by-pass sys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2013, 05:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
jdugie123
Diesel Master

Send a message via AIM to jdugie123 Send a message via Yahoo to jdugie123

Lone Star Diesels Member

You have any pics of it I was think of getting it but wasn't sure if my exhaust would hit anything

Traded In
: 04.5 D/A MBRP 4" cool duals with muffler delete, volant air intake, EFI Live,raptor 100gph, suncoast level IV, ATS copilot, nicktane fuel filter, 6" RCD, 37" Super Swamper M16s , 4.56 gears, bushwacker cutout fender flares, wet okolie set covers, MTX subs with a sony amp, full replacement front with 9.5K warn winch built in and rear replacement bumpers, B&W turnover ball both gooseneck and bumper hitch
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 05:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
SAYWHAT
Diesel Master

Minnesota/Western Wisconsin DP Club Member

Just read about the R4 Tech system in Trailer Life Feb. issue,good write up with pics.Keep us informed on your setup RealPower!
2007 Classic GMC D/A Ext. cab,s.b.,built 11-2006,Di*Priol boost and pyro gauges,Garmin GPS,MBRP catback exhaust,kitty taking a nap,300* hose permanent fix tranny cooling lines,M/A pump rub kit,Prodigy bc,Reese 16,000 lb. slider 4-way tilt hitch.Luverne SS side steps,Truxedo bed cover,Michelin LTX M/S 2 tires and Bilstein shocks.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
christopherglenn
Diesel Master

When I had the kit put on my two trucks, I had to go to a local muffler shop to adjust the exhaust. They ended up adding a piece of pipe between the cat and muffler on my lbz, and and after the dpf on the 08.
Watch the drivers side airbag like a hawk!! The ubolts are to close to the airbag and just driving unloaded scarred the(drivers side) airbags on both trucks. When loaded my dually rubbed through and popped the bag with the 5er attached.
2013 Yamaha 242LS
Member # 465 3500 Dually Club
Sold 05 Chevy 2500HD SB 4X4 D/A LLY
Old 01-23-2013, 07:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
RealPower
Diesel Head

It Worked

Contacted Banks and they said there exhaust sys. did not work on any system with air bags that they had seen. I already ordered the monster 4" exhaust before they returned my e-mail. Install the new exhaust and I have plenty of clearance for the air bag. Thanks Chris for the info. Iwill keep an eye on the driver side bag.
2008 GMC Sierra SLT Summit White 6.6 Duramax LMM Totally Stock. options, line-x sprayed bed (over the rails) and rear wheel wells, GM running boards,Husky mud-flaps,Wheather-tec floor liners (front and rear),Leer 800 series Tonneau cover. Just installed a FS-2500 oil by-pass sys.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
jdugie123
Diesel Master

Send a message via AIM to jdugie123 Send a message via Yahoo to jdugie123

Lone Star Diesels Member

glad it worked

Traded In
: 04.5 D/A MBRP 4" cool duals with muffler delete, volant air intake, EFI Live,raptor 100gph, suncoast level IV, ATS copilot, nicktane fuel filter, 6" RCD, 37" Super Swamper M16s , 4.56 gears, bushwacker cutout fender flares, wet okolie set covers, MTX subs with a sony amp, full replacement front with 9.5K warn winch built in and rear replacement bumpers, B&W turnover ball both gooseneck and bumper hitch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.