Question: Cognito new arms questions? - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Lounge (0) Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Speciality Forums > Suspension & Steering - 2001 - 2010
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2013, 10:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
266HDMAX
Diesel Technician

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Cognito new arms questions?

So I see Cognito is coming out with a new upper control arm box style ball joint leveling kits arms.

Question:

1. Are the ball joints in these a lot stronger then stock?

2.Can I run the King 2.5 OEM replacement shocks with these? and will I need a limiting strap to control bottoming out?

Thanks guys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2013, 09:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
RBRONKEMA GHTFD
Diesel Fanatic

Post a link to of the new arms.
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2013, 03:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
266HDMAX
Diesel Technician

They look just like the 2011 from what Cognito told me, I asked the question above to Cognito and they did not have a answer for me.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
266HDMAX
Diesel Technician

Bump
Old 01-06-2013, 07:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
rocknrods
Diesel Technician

Armed Forces Club Member

Lone Star Diesels Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbronkema ghtfd View Post
post a link to of the new arms.
+1
Advent OGM1 Nav/DVD/CD system with BU cam, Spray in bed-liner, UnderCover bed cover, Bestop Power Steps and Tailgate Step, Full tint windows, Weathertech floor liners, Wheel Well Fuel Filter Access Cover, Nicktain Pre-filter and Cat engine fuel Filter Adapter, Michelin LTX M/S2's, Idaho Rob's EFI Live, DPF Delete Pipe, Firestone Ride-Ride Air Bags, Roof Clearance Lights. Undercover Swing Cases in the bed, Air Werkz On-Board Air system.
Am fear nach gleidh na h-airm san t-sith, cha bhi iad aige 'n am a' chogaidh
Old 01-06-2013, 07:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
266HDMAX
Diesel Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBRONKEMA GHTFD View Post
Post a link to of the new arms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknrods View Post
+1
Don't have a link. When I talked to Cognito around XMAS they said they would be out around end Jan to early Feb. They said the arms look just like the 2011 and new box style arms with no bump stops on them. They use shocks with built in bump stop. But i asked if I could run king with limiting straps on stock rims and they did not know.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
LA DMAX
Diesel Master

Looks like you're the guinea pig.

LA DMAX
Toyo M55's 255/85 16 on PYO's
Fox 2.0 shocks piggybacked
Eric's pump rub fix

2007 KTM 250 XC-W
Old 01-08-2013, 01:34 AM   #8 (permalink)
266HDMAX
Diesel Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA DMAX View Post
Looks like you're the guinea pig.

LA DMAX
Ya I guess since Cognito can't answer a simple question on there own product and getting a answer from NorCal over the phone is like pulling teeth. Not trying to put them down, but I have called NorCal about 15 times over the past 3 weeks now...And I either get a machine saying to leave a post on the here or a female telling me I need to leave a post on here a well. So I have done all the above and still no replays. The last phone call I told her if I am going to buy a product from you them I want to speak to someone in person. All she did was go in circles about leaving a post for Nick.

I would have loved to have my leveling kit on already but need a few questions answered to find out what direction I need to go in. Leaning really hard towards a different company at this point. Thanks LA DAX just needed to express my frustration a little lol.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:18 AM   #9 (permalink)
LA DMAX
Diesel Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 266HDMAX View Post
Ya I guess since Cognito can't answer a simple question on there own product and getting a answer from NorCal over the phone is like pulling teeth. Not trying to put them down, but I have called NorCal about 15 times over the past 3 weeks now...And I either get a machine saying to leave a post on the here or a female telling me I need to leave a post on here a well. So I have done all the above and still no replays. The last phone call I told her if I am going to buy a product from you them I want to speak to someone in person. All she did was go in circles about leaving a post for Nick.

I would have loved to have my leveling kit on already but need a few questions answered to find out what direction I need to go in. Leaning really hard towards a different company at this point. Thanks LA DAX just needed to express my frustration a little lol.
Give Nick a bit more time, holidays just past and I know it's riding season and he rides so he may be doing a little riding.

Got a question for ya. Do you already have the Kings? If they are the one's I'm thinking about (stock replacement ones) I think you're gonna be fine. The reservoir on that shock bolts on top of the upper factory shock mount. I don't think Cognito would make a UCA with less room within it than the stock UCA's. I believe that initially King mounted these shocks on their stock truck with stock UCA's and 245 tires (if you look in their catalog it's the blue 2500HD and it sat on stock PYO's and 245's back in the days). Hope it helps.

LA DMAX
Toyo M55's 255/85 16 on PYO's
Fox 2.0 shocks piggybacked
Eric's pump rub fix

2007 KTM 250 XC-W
Old 01-09-2013, 04:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
266HDMAX
Diesel Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA DMAX View Post
Give Nick a bit more time, holidays just past and I know it's riding season and he rides so he may be doing a little riding.

Got a question for ya. Do you already have the Kings? If they are the one's I'm thinking about (stock replacement ones) I think you're gonna be fine. The reservoir on that shock bolts on top of the upper factory shock mount. I don't think Cognito would make a UCA with less room within it than the stock UCA's. I believe that initially King mounted these shocks on their stock truck with stock UCA's and 245 tires (if you look in their catalog it's the blue 2500HD and it sat on stock PYO's and 245's back in the days). Hope it helps.

LA DMAX
I talked to NorCal and was told the new upper arms will only be sold with shocks and the can not be sold seperate and will not work with kings or limiting straps. They will work witb older stylr since they have a bump stop but the new arms don't have a bump stop. Camburg it is then.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.