2006 gmc front end - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Lounge (1) Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Speciality Forums > Suspension & Steering - 2001 - 2010
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2012, 02:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
duallychevy1987
Diesel Technician

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

2006 gmc front end

im wondering if any of you guys can help me.i just bought a 2006 gmc dmax and i wanna try pulling the sled when it gets time to do so.but first i wanna take care of the tie rod issue.but im wondering if the cognito pitman idler arm support would be good enough for the center link or should i do the sleeves and get a straight center link.ive read issues as to where guys had there idler arm support break.what would be the best to do.
Marine injectors.
Relocated pmd.
Alcoa wheels.
New crank balancer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2012, 04:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
07metallicgreen
Diesel Head

if your not gonna lift it i would suggest the all seasons brace. i have it and have had zero issues and i've had my front end bounce off the ground when pulling ha. i have a set of sleeves too

DE down pipe into 5" 6"tip, rdl up pipes, lml manifold, levis blankets, AFE mouth piece, S&B CAI, Airdog II 165, 40% over nozzles ported and shimed fuel rail, banks hotside intercooler pipe, PPE stage 5 trans, 1058 suncoast converter, batmowheel, profab egr delete, pcv reroute, sleeves, allseason centerlink brace, rancho 9000s, custom traction bars, alligator tranny lines, russel ss brake lines, edge insight cts, spek pro boost&pyro, efi live by me with cigarette lighter dsp5!
LED gauge cluster, LED interior lights, kenwood DD, all headlight mod 6k HID, cleared denali headlights, escalade handles, 17" eagle alloy 079 with 33x12.50 Courser CT

big thanks to caleb at blackout! go to him if you wanna go fast!
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 04:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
duallychevy1987
Diesel Technician

im not planning on lift it any i dont like the look of lifted trucks and i know lifting it hurts the cv joints.i may lower the front alil to give it the rake look which i perfer. the one performance shop that is abt a hour from me has the tie rod sleeves and cenerlink as a kit for i think 350.and ive heard of the straight center link causing the front tires to ware different than normal.any way i can beef up the front end without spending a fourtune. ill be happy and when i hook to a sled ill be happy when it dont break.
Marine injectors.
Relocated pmd.
Alcoa wheels.
New crank balancer.
Old 12-26-2012, 04:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
duallychevy1987
Diesel Technician

i go to the buck in lancaster pa if you have heard of that.thats where i go alot to pull its fun and i know i wont win but keeps me outa trouble
Marine injectors.
Relocated pmd.
Alcoa wheels.
New crank balancer.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
07metallicgreen
Diesel Head

thats not a bad price but i think you will loose some turning radius with a straight centerlink also. i think that brace is under $200 and sleeves are under 100 so it should be too painful. heres the link for the brace. ive had no trouble with it. http://allseasondieselperformance.co...roducts_id=261

DE down pipe into 5" 6"tip, rdl up pipes, lml manifold, levis blankets, AFE mouth piece, S&B CAI, Airdog II 165, 40% over nozzles ported and shimed fuel rail, banks hotside intercooler pipe, PPE stage 5 trans, 1058 suncoast converter, batmowheel, profab egr delete, pcv reroute, sleeves, allseason centerlink brace, rancho 9000s, custom traction bars, alligator tranny lines, russel ss brake lines, edge insight cts, spek pro boost&pyro, efi live by me with cigarette lighter dsp5!
LED gauge cluster, LED interior lights, kenwood DD, all headlight mod 6k HID, cleared denali headlights, escalade handles, 17" eagle alloy 079 with 33x12.50 Courser CT

Old 12-28-2012, 12:54 AM   #6 (permalink)
Dmax1989
Diesel Master

Alberta Coal Rollers Member

X2 on the brace, the only thing i didnt like about it was the nuts that hold the brace onto the arms didnt have alot of thread holding it on. Tony told me to use thread lock on it and call it a day. Other than that, its a good effective setup.
2006 gmc sierra 2500hd ccsb, loaded except dvd, PPE standard set on lvl 2, banks ram air intake, magnaflow downpipe, Autometer Cobalt boost & pyro, 4" exhaust, lml drivers side exhaust manifold, riveted headgaskets, ppe fprv shim, egr deleted, iron cross bumper w/ rigid industries dually led's, MA pump rub kit, MA tie rod sleeves, Allison deep tranny pan, 285/75/16 goodyear duratracs
Old 12-28-2012, 06:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
07metallicgreen
Diesel Head

yeah i have moog pitman and idler arms and i couldnt use the codder pins with the brace, but called tony and he told me the same thing

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.