NorCal Nick.....help again. - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Lounge (4) Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Speciality Forums > Suspension & Steering - 2001 - 2010
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2012, 04:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
dmaxthad
Diesel Technician

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Armed Forces Club Member

NC Dmax's Member

NorCal Nick.....help again.

We talked a few years back reguarding my 2003 Duramax with the Fabtech coilover conversion kit.

Well..................

A few years and a few thousand dollars later I am completley fed up with this IFS kit and will be doing a dana 60 swap. Cognito stabilizers on it and I still go through idler/pitman arms once a year. If I replace one hub a year its been a good year. The CV axles that fabtech supplied became grenades and I upgraded to the slip yoke style axles that RCV performance made and sheared the axle shaft the very first time I used the 4 wheel drive (in loose dirt no less). RCV discontinued those axles 4 months after I bought them.

What is better as far as axle is concerned 79-94 ford or one out of the early 2000's dodges?

Im going with a 4-link and will be trying to use the dirtlogic 4.0 coilovers that I already have.

Dana 60 up front w/ Fox 10" coilovers and 4" deavers in the back, Suncoast IV w/1058 converter, S366 turbo, Industrial CP3, Insustrial 30% injectors, FASS 150, ARP Studs all rolling on 20" Rockstars and 37" Toyo M/Ts

Transmission built by myself
Engine work by Strictly Diesel
Dana 60 Conversion by Troy Sturgill

USMC Tank Mechanic 1999-2014
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2012, 01:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
dmaxthad
Diesel Technician

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Armed Forces Club Member

NC Dmax's Member

Hope your not too busy Nick.

Dana 60 up front w/ Fox 10" coilovers and 4" deavers in the back, Suncoast IV w/1058 converter, S366 turbo, Industrial CP3, Insustrial 30% injectors, FASS 150, ARP Studs all rolling on 20" Rockstars and 37" Toyo M/Ts

Transmission built by myself
Engine work by Strictly Diesel
Dana 60 Conversion by Troy Sturgill

USMC Tank Mechanic 1999-2014
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.