"NorCalTruck: HELP needed - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Lounge (3) Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Speciality Forums > Suspension & Steering - 2001 - 2010
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

Suspension & Steering - 2001 - 2010 Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, street suspension, air ride suspension, steering components, etc. First through fourth generation.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2012, 01:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Kenzo25
Diesel Enthusiast

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

"NorCalTruck: HELP needed

Hello to all as i am a newbie on this forum. I am asking a question regarding a 2009 Chevy Duramax 4x4.

I was looking at lifting this vehicle with either a BDS or Cognito kit. BDS is probably my what i am going with since most installers here in NM don't normally carry Cognito and you pay a premium.

Will this truck have problems with a 7" lift with 20x12 and either 33x12.50x20 or 35x12.20x20. Problems being tie rods, alignment, clearance, etc.

If so can you recommend any solutions, i have checked on the Cognito Heavy duty tie rods, any others... I ask this because i had a problem with a RCD kit that threw CV shafts every time i used in 4x4.

If anyone else running this can you help me out with the setup and how it runs and rids.

One final note is i would like to be able to run stock wheels also, (hence the BDS option).

Last edited by Kenzo25; 11-20-2012 at 01:45 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 03:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Nor-Cal Nick
Suspension Ninja

iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Nor-Cal Diesel Place Club Member

If you ask me I feel you are going alittle big on the lift size and if you take my suggestion I would run a Cognito 4" on either 33" or 35"s

These video's may help you see the concept of the look I am suggesting:

All the info on the trucks are details under the video to help you know whats done to them. Let me know if you have questions.

Nick

~ Follow on -
Facebook.com ~ Watch on - YouTube
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 03:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Kenzo25
Diesel Enthusiast

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

could you help me out with the 20x12 issue would these fit on a 4" also would these be problematic on the tie rods being so wide?
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.