Diesel Place banner

Different airbag question

672 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  jdugie123 
#1 ·
Ok so I have been looking at the firestone R4Tech setup and I was thinking couldn't you get a set of half ton springs take all but the main spring out and then put a set of traction bars and you would have the same setup wouldn't you

#2 ·
On a serious note, you might compromise your hauling/towing abilities. You wanting to do this for the strip??

Who do you use for 8lug wheel aligns? I live just outside of SA and am looking for someone to tweak on front end.

#3 ·
how would it compromise towing it would be the same setup almost as the Firestone except i would have an actual traction bar for the lower link instead of a j-spring. I would use airbags with 10k capacity each.

I go to planet pickup they use a system that doesn't clamp to the wheels just call them and tell them Dugie sent you.

#5 ·
Ya I figured half ton springs because my dads old truck looks like the spring is thinner then the main spring in the 3/4 ton pack but are they the same length and with to fit in the mounts the I think I would have to a custom block made out of steel maybe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.