Diesel Place banner

Another AirBag question

861 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Joe Yonk 
#1 ·
Hey guys I need some opinions on installing a set of airbags. I have decided on the AirLift brand. I have a stock 2006 3500 CrewCab dually 4X4. Have been told that my truck will take Airlift part number 57275 that will bolt on where the bump stops are now. By buying this online and installing myself, I can save half the price, but the chicken in me has me shaking over this. I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has installed a set of the bags, to find out how difficult it will be and what I should be aware of. Especially like to hear from anyone who has installed these on a NON lifted truck, as I suspect the install will be somewhat different.
Thanks in advance
wwc
ps: I tried to use the search feature, but for some reason my computer will not bring it up.

#2 ·
I have a set of Firestone airbags that replace the bumpstops, and it was a very simple and straightforward install. My truck is also stock height.

#3 · (Edited)
Simple straight forward install with stock exhaust system. Make sure you route the hoses with gentle sweeping turns and cut the hose ends square for leak free connections.
Trailwhale

#4 ·
I have a question, I have a set of firestone airbags on my ride. How long Are the airbags suppose to hold the air? I haven't hauled my trailer with them yet so I have only put 5-7 psi in them driving around. After I have parked for several hours they loose most of their pressure. Is that normal?

#8 ·
I think you have a leak somewhere. I have the AirLift's and mine don't leak at all. I would get a spray bottle, mix some dish soap in with the water and spray the lines until I found the leak. If I had to guess, the leak is probably at the fitting on the top of the bags, or one of the valves, unless the line itself is damaged.

#5 ·
I just installed a set of pacbrake airbags this evening on my 3500 srw - pretty straightforward. You should check out the pacbrake airbags - they are "commercial grade" and were very expensive until the canadian currency dropped 20% relative to the u.s. dollar last oct/nov. These are made in canada.

jeff

#6 ·
Pretty straight forward install - just make sure you get them on the correct sides - the brackets are marked. I preassembled averything, and ended up taking the right side all apart - forgot the heat shield.

Here is a picture:

Attachments

#7 ·
I installed mine in about 3 1/2 hours in the driveway. Didn't jack it up at all, and was easy and the directions are good. The most time consuming part is running the airlines around everything. I ended up putting the valves at the top of the 7 way trailer connector. With the black caps on them you can't tell they are even there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.